Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1016931 times)

Offline Rutella

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2006, 09:52:59 am »
this isn't exactly a brokieism, but it makes me giggle anyway.... My parents-in-law were up visiting me and my husband a bit ago and they bought us a few bottles of wine. We don't drink wine much anyhow and almost never drink white wine so there is a bottle of white in the fridge that I can't imagine us drinking. Every time I open the fridge door I see it and wonder whether I'll have to wait till I have a daughter who is getting married before we open it  ;D  My (non-Brokie) husband is rather confused as to why I find a bottle of wine so funny.

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2006, 10:50:41 am »
Does anyone find themselves using a "Brokieism" and in mid sentence realize that this will make absolutely no sense to the person with whom you are speaking?

Heh. Last night I told a friend that I had a low startle point. She's seen BBM (and loved it, but isn't obsessed with it), but I'm not sure she caught the reference.

She understood, in any case.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2006, 11:06:38 am »
I've taken to using "Little darlin'" for my cats and any kids who come my way.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

horo35

« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2006, 12:56:20 pm »
Well no phrases were said in my experience but a couple of weeks ago I went camping with a friend and his girlfriend and kids.  His girlfriend and kids slept in one tent...and well me and my buddy slept in the other.  And let me tell you this tent we slept in was about as big as the tent used in the movie..very small!  As soon as we bunked in together that tent scene from the movie flashed in my mind!  We are both heterosexuals so we stayed pretty close to the opposite sides of the tent walls! lol  When I awoke in the morning we were still in the same place!  Guess that was a good thing coming from my lifestyle! ;D

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2006, 01:03:00 pm »
Well no phrases were said in my experience but a couple of weeks ago I went camping with a friend and his girlfriend and kids.  His girlfriend and kids slept in one tent...and well me and my buddy slept in the other.  And let me tell you this tent we slept in was about as big as the tent used in the movie..very small!  As soon as we bunked in together that tent scene from the movie flashed in my mind!  We are both heterosexuals so we stayed pretty close to the opposite sides of the tent walls! lol  When I awoke in the morning we were still in the same place!  Guess that was a good thing coming from my lifestyle! ;D

Too bad it wasn't with somebody that you could have used the size of the tent to your advantage!  :laugh: ;) ;D
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2006, 11:40:53 pm »
I have no idea why, but I find myself saying,

"It don't mean nuthin' Alma!"

...all the time!!!
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2006, 11:51:19 pm »
LOL! And I find myself saying "What's a point of ridin' some piece a stock for eight seconds?" all the time.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2006, 12:49:43 am »

OMG the vision of you and a bloke in the tent, really gives me a gigle, especially knowing what was probably going thru your mind....

this isn't exactly a brokieism, but it makes me giggle anyway.... My parents-in-law were up visiting me and my husband a bit ago and they bought us a few bottles of wine. We don't drink wine much anyhow and almost never drink white wine so there is a bottle of white in the fridge that I can't imagine us drinking. Every time I open the fridge door I see it and wonder whether I'll have to wait till I have a daughter who is getting married before we open it  ;D  My (non-Brokie) husband is rather confused as to why I find a bottle of wine so funny.

This too is funny, but quite understandable to a fellow brokie.......

My problem is that whenever i hear someone say "Jack", I gotta bite my tongue from saying "fuckin Twist"......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Rutella

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2006, 10:04:02 am »
My problem is that whenever i hear someone say "Jack", I gotta bite my tongue from saying "fuckin Twist"......

My husband's name is Jack and I also have this problem! He also is a mountaineer and spends most weekends away with his mates, sharing v small tents with them.... at least I think he climbs mountains   :laugh:

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2006, 02:24:35 pm »
Hi, Rutella...when I read your post I interpreted "mountaineer" to be someone who enjoys the mountains, like hiking, camping, etc. Then you last comment .."at least I think he climbs mountains" made me laugh.  Throw in Katie's "...Fuckin' Twist" reference and I'm just cracking up.  Hell, that's the most laughin' I done in a long time, to paraphrase Ennis. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Oh, my, now I need a tissue to wipe my eyes.