Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014914 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #670 on: February 18, 2010, 08:29:51 pm »

:D

That's a mixed double Brokieism! Wow. If it were figure-skating, you'd have a certain 10 for it!
Great, great one. Thanks for sharing Amanda :).

She meant to say Lynne. Although Amanda's really good at those Brokeisms too!! She's the one who suggested I go out and collect hail in my cowboy hat when we were lunching together at the Del Mar Crab House!! Those were the days...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #671 on: February 18, 2010, 08:54:50 pm »
She meant to say Lynne. Although Amanda's really good at those Brokeisms too!! She's the one who suggested I go out and collect hail in my cowboy hat when we were lunching together at the Del Mar Crab House!! Those were the days...

Oh that is so so Brokie.....OMG only a Brokie would understand that straight away.... :o :o

That is so funny.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #672 on: February 19, 2010, 01:01:25 am »
Cool, Lynne! Way to mix up your Brokieisms.

It's so gratifying to see that, more than three and a half years after this thread began, people are still using Brokieisms!  :D

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #673 on: February 19, 2010, 02:10:25 am »
Cool, Lynne! Way to mix up your Brokieisms.

It's so gratifying to see that, more than three and a half years after this thread began, people are still using Brokieisms!  :D

I think it's near impossible not to...something about the meter and the multi-layered meanings make them irresistible when opportunity presents itself!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #674 on: February 19, 2010, 02:11:18 am »
Oops. Sorry Lynne! Will change my post and credit you accordingly.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #675 on: February 22, 2010, 01:37:56 pm »
Two nonverbal Brokieisms:

My sons tossed me some keys. I wanted to catch them in a graceful, nonchalant Ennis way. Unfortunately, I was more of a Jack. (Only in a Brokie, BTW, would those words immediately summon screencap-like images.)

I have three sets of shirts-within-shirts hanging in my closet. They're not tributes to lost loves -- they're potential outfits I want to remember to wear sometime. But this feels like a Brokieish way to handle the outfit problem.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #676 on: February 23, 2010, 10:28:35 am »

My sons tossed me some keys. I wanted to catch them in a graceful, nonchalant Ennis way. Unfortunately, I was more of a Jack. (Only in a Brokie, BTW, would those words immediately summon screencap-like images.)

I have three sets of shirts-within-shirts hanging in my closet. They're not tributes to lost loves -- they're potential outfits I want to remember to wear sometime. But this feels like a Brokieish way to handle the outfit problem.
Both wonderful Brokeisms!!
 :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #677 on: February 23, 2010, 06:33:49 pm »
When I go off on one of my trips way out in the middle of nowhere, I'm in the habit of saying "See you Sunday, latest" and then dragging my scrawny ass back home the latest on Sunday that I can.  :-\

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #678 on: February 23, 2010, 08:45:29 pm »

After reading what you said there, I decided to do my own "brokie" tribute for my dear husband who passed away in November.
The dress, which whenever I wore it, my hubby would say..."oh, I see you have my favourite dress on again"...I have had the dress for over 10 years.....it was the one I wore to his funeral........it now hangs on the hanger, under his favourite shirt, where they will remain forever.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #679 on: February 23, 2010, 09:22:43 pm »
After reading what you said there, I decided to do my own "brokie" tribute for my dear husband who passed away in November.
The dress, which whenever I wore it, my hubby would say..."oh, I see you have my favourite dress on again"...I have had the dress for over 10 years.....it was the one I wore to his funeral........it now hangs on the hanger, under his favourite shirt, where they will remain forever.

I love this, Sue! A beautiful way to remember a loved one, Brokie style.