Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014818 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #770 on: August 30, 2010, 10:14:46 am »
I got to use another Brokieism, yay :D.

Last night the girls and we were watching Juno on TV (recommended BTW, lovely movie!).
The cat suddenly got one of his "I MUST kill something" fits and started to chase his own tail, balancing on the armrest of the couch while doing so. It was so funny to watch, as he slipped from the armrest multiple times, but always went back up there :laugh:. And when he cought his tail, he bit into it. Stupid cat ::) ;).

Anyway, we all didn't want to miss something from the movie, but also wanted to watch the cat. My daughter made a comment about it, and I stated that it's some high-class entertainment fer sure. :D

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #771 on: August 30, 2010, 10:35:43 am »
Once again, Chrissi, we're living parallel lives. I was just coming here to report that I said "Sounds like some high-class entertainment" to my son regarding some funny thing the dog did.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #772 on: August 31, 2010, 11:38:01 am »
Once again, Chrissi, we're living parallel lives. I was just coming here to report that I said "Sounds like some high-class entertainment" to my son regarding some funny thing the dog did.

Tse he :laugh:. Hello my seperated at birth twin :).

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #773 on: August 31, 2010, 11:52:38 am »
Oh, that's a good one. I always love when I get to use that Brokeism! My Brokeism of the day is I got three cracked vertebrates! Not cracked actually, but twisted, and pressing on some nerves in my neck. Not high-class entertainment for sure, but I get to have some physical therapy and extra rest while it's healing. Let me tell you that spending 14 hours driving would not be a good idea with cracked vertebrae. Jack was so devoted to Ennis to do that.

Coincidentally, I was listening to a favorite song by Mark Knopfler, Speedway at Nazareth, and in it he sang of driving from Phoenix to Nazareth (PA) with three cracked vertebrae.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #774 on: September 05, 2010, 12:19:13 am »

6 TESTARHYTHM 2.8   2.9 1.7   

2.75 1.35   
   T CLARK   2  55.5   W   X13 94   
  7 ALMA'S FURY 30.4   34.7 7.4   

51.00 11.00   
   G BUCKLEY   14  55.0      6X5 84   
  8 BUTT I'M READY 10.9   10.7 3.1   

The names of two horses in a race yesterday....I took them in a quinella, but lost
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #775 on: September 05, 2010, 08:55:47 am »
Cute names!! What's a quinella?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #776 on: September 05, 2010, 09:05:20 am »
Cute names!! What's a quinella?

A quinella is when you bet on two horses to run first and second.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #777 on: September 25, 2010, 11:45:20 am »
I find Brokieisms in the most unlikely places. Last night I was reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, volume I, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and on page 653, Sherlock is analyzing some handwriting on a note written by two hands, and remarks on the "bold, strong hand of the one, and the other rather broken-backed..."!

Then, this morning, I was working out while listening to NPR's "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" (August 7 edition) on my ipod. There was a hilarious exchange about the proposed plan to do a biopic of Justin Beiber, who is all of 16 years old, and who the director might be. They speculated how Chris Nolan, Clint Eastwood, James Cameron, Kathryn Bigelow and other directors might approach the daunting project, and then played a song about catching "Beiber fever", hehe!

WWDTM was pretty funny, also with a segment on Warren Buffett and Bill Gates personally calling their fellow billionaires to ask them to pledge to donate some of their billions to charity. Peter Seigel referred to them as Warren Gates, and the panel responded with excitement about a Warren + Bill marriage, pleased that they didn't waste any time after the overturn of Prop 8!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #778 on: October 28, 2010, 01:07:22 pm »
Not my use of a Brokieism, but here's a post of mine from the In the New Yorker Thread:

Well, here's a familiar phrase!

Today while I eat lunch I'm reading William Finnegan's "Letter from Tijuana" in the October 18 issue. Describing the retired army colonel who had been given the top police job in Tijuana, Finnegan writes, "Leyzaola himself was, unmistakably, the new stud duck in town."

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #779 on: October 29, 2010, 12:43:20 am »
Not my use of a Brokieism, but here's a post of mine from the In the New Yorker Thread:

That's so cool, to find a Brokieism so unexpectedly. And even in the New Yorker, which has itself gained a Brokie connection through the aforementioned thread.
 8)