Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1014802 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #950 on: May 09, 2013, 12:34:14 pm »
Yes, it just has to be a conscious or subconscious Brokeism! Maybe Diane is related to our own Oregondoggie?

My cat went through a bad spell a week or two ago, just when the weather was getting nice enough for her to get outside occasionally. She barfed all over my Oriental rugs and then wouldn't eat or drink for several days. She was creeping around and I expected to wake up some morning to find her still lifeless body. But, praise be, she bounced back and is as good as new again. I've decided to nickname her Uncle Harold.  8)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #951 on: May 09, 2013, 03:40:24 pm »
I just ran across this on Facebook, and I swear, this has to be an undercover Brokieism.

Someone had posted an article from Slate about words that some people find disgusting for no reason besides their sound. (Common example, for some reason, "moist.") Anyway, people were commenting on their disgusting words, and someone -- not a FB friend; someone I don't know at all -- posted this:

Diane Smelser Catsup. Ketchup. Sounds like Cat sip or worse.

Question: Do you think there's any chance that Diane Smelser WASN'T making a Brokie pun?

Yes, it just has to be a conscious or subconscious Brokeism! Maybe Diane is related to our own Oregondoggie?

Yeah, I tripped over the Smelser surname, too. No idea however how common or uncommon it is.
Maybe she's a friend of a friend of a friend.... and linked to our Brokie community. ? ? ?
If you're curious enough, click on her name and skim her friends list for familiar names. Some people keep their friends list private, but others don't.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #952 on: May 09, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »
My cat went through a bad spell a week or two ago, just when the weather was getting nice enough for her to get outside occasionally. She barfed all over my Oriental rugs and then wouldn't eat or drink for several days. She was creeping around and I expected to wake up some morning to find her still lifeless body. But, praise be, she bounced back and is as good as new again. I've decided to nickname her Uncle Harold.  8)

Glad your kitty is back to being well!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #953 on: May 11, 2013, 05:33:03 pm »
Speaking of FB and people who may be linked to our Brokie community..

Does anyone know who Helga Süss is?
She's FB friends with a lot of Brokies, but I have no idea who she is.
Is she on any of the forums?

Sorry for going OT.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #954 on: May 12, 2013, 12:28:46 pm »

Yeah, I tripped over the Smelser surname, too. No idea however how common or uncommon it is.
Maybe she's a friend of a friend of a friend.... and linked to our Brokie community. ? ? ?
If you're curious enough, click on her name and skim her friends list for familiar names. Some people keep their friends list private, but others don't.

I did. We share only one friend, and it's someone with no obvious Brokie connection.

I wrote her the following message, but never heard back:

Hi Diane,

I know we're total strangers and all, but after seeing your comment in [name of mutual friend]'s post about disgusting words, I had to write to congratulate you on what I read as a brilliant pun on a line from one of my favorite movies. I swear ...

Enjoy your weekend!

Oh well. I suppose it will always be a mystery. But it just seems too odd to be an accident; maybe she saw BBM, forgot the line but then subconsciously echoed it without even making the connection herself.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #955 on: May 12, 2013, 06:54:28 pm »

Sorry for going OT.

I'm curious, too!  I've friended Helga because she posts such beautiful photos, but I don't know anything about her Brokie credentials.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #956 on: May 13, 2013, 01:35:31 am »
I'm curious, too!  I've friended Helga because she posts such beautiful photos, but I don't know anything about her Brokie credentials.  :)

Based on your comment, I got curious and sent her a friend request. This may be a Brokie/FB first -- hearing of someone here and then, knowing nothing more about them, attempting to friend them there.

Sorry for going OT.

Her photos show her visiting Brokieland sites. She may not be a BetterMostian, but she's most definitely a Brokie.

I'm wondering if some of our more DCF-actve members may know her?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #957 on: May 13, 2013, 07:58:16 am »

I was just about to ask that as well.  Isn't Smelser the surname of Larry (OregonDoggie)?  I know when I get emails from him, they appear as "Larry Smelser", or something very similar.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #958 on: May 13, 2013, 08:01:54 am »

Does anyone know who Helga Süss is?  She's FB friends with a lot of Brokies, but I have no idea who she is.  Is she on any of the forums?

Sorry for going OT.

Based on your comment, I got curious and sent her a friend request. This may be a Brokie/FB first -- hearing of someone here and then, knowing nothing more about them, attempting to friend them there.

Her photos show her visiting Brokieland sites. She may not be a BetterMostian, but she's most definitely a Brokie.

I'm wondering if some of our more DCF-actve members may know her?

Meryl, I did the same thing!  She sent me a friend reqeust, I didn't recognize her name.  I looked at the mutual friends, saw all the brokies, so I accepted her.

She does post great pics, and there are pics of her at the filming locations, so she is defintiely a Brokie.  However (to answer Kathrine's question) I have no idea if she has a user name on DCF, and I don't ever recall speaking to a Helga there.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #959 on: May 13, 2013, 08:39:12 am »
Well, unless she's infiltrating our community on some top-secret, undercover, anti-Brokie mission  ;D, she seems like she's going to be a good friend. She accepted my request, thanked me for the welcome, then "liked" some of my photos and posts. A cartoon she posted yesterday got a "like" from Diana Ossana!