Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1017042 times)

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2006, 05:14:29 pm »
Yesterday someone called and had the wrong number.  I said "Who?  Who is this?"  ... just came out like it's something I say all the time.  I suppose I could have told him I was "out castrating calves" but that just didn't seem natural *lol*
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2006, 05:54:20 pm »
I am cracking up at all of these, guys!  I thought I was the only one who felt as though our BBM buddies have infiltrated my spirit...

Each day gets worse and worse.  My friend and I e-mail each other at work sharing the news and frustrations of the work day and almost always end each story with "Ya know what friend?  This is a GDBOAUS" ("God Damn Bitch of an Unsatisfactory Situation")

Every time someone asks for or to do something, I say, "Fer Whuht?"

If I don't hear someone clearly, I say "Hunh?"

Whenever I favor something, I now say "Nyyycce"

If I agree with something, I say "Sure 'n uff"

Even my mannerisms have changed.  At any given time, I actually feel as though I have been possessed by Jack or Ennis.  I either feel myself smiling Jack's smile or pursing my lips the way Ennis does...

And at any given moment, I can be heard mumbling to myself...

"Goddamn paint brands wore off...."

"Tent don't look Ryyight"

"FuucccccccKKKK Aguirrrrrrreeee"

"...get on in there and untangle them Chilean sheep owtta ours, I guess..."

"The hell they are..."

"You may be a sinner, but I ain't yet had the opportunity."

"Whuutttrrrrrrr you doin?"

"It's awright... it's awright"

"Let's git, unless you wanna sit around tying knots all day."

Every line is genious!!!

::)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:25:50 pm by Daphne7661 »
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2006, 08:50:08 pm »
To Daphne:

These are great! :)  I find myself telling my daughter when we don't have money to buy her some trinket: "If you can't fix it, ya just gotta stand it."  She rolls her eys and walks away! ;)

I love to tell my daughter when she has friends over for a sleepover and I'm trying to get the sleeping arrangements figured out,   "Ya sleep there!"

And you are right, every line is genius, brilliant!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 08:57:27 pm by littlewing1957 »

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2006, 10:41:07 pm »
I am cracking up at all of these, guys!  I thought I was the only one who felt as though our BBM buddies have infiltrated my spirit...

Each day gets worse and worse.  My friend and I e-mail each other at work sharing the news and frustrations of the work day and almost always end each story with "Ya know what friend?  This is a GDBOAUS" ("God Damn Bitch of an Unsatisfactory Situation")

Every time someone asks for or to do something, I say, "Fer Whuht?"

If I don't hear someone clearly, I say "Hunh?"

Whenever I favor something, I now say "Nyyycce"

If I agree with something, I say "Sure 'n uff"

Even my mannerisms have changed.  At any given time, I actually feel as though I have been possessed by Jack or Ennis.  I either feel myself smiling Jack's smile or pursing my lips the way Ennis does...

And at any given moment, I can be heard mumbling to myself...

"Goddamn paint brands wore off...."

"Tent don't look Ryyight"

"FuucccccccKKKK Aguirrrrrrreeee"

"...get on in there and untangle them Chilean sheep owtta ours, I guess..."

"The hell they are..."

"You may be a sinner, but I ain't yet had the opportunity."

"Whuutttrrrrrrr you doin?"

"It's awright... it's awright"

"Let's git, unless you wanna sit around tying knots all day."

Every line is genious!!!

::)
To Daphne:

These are great! :)  I find myself telling my daughter when we don't have money to buy her some trinket: "If you can't fix it, ya just gotta stand it."  She rolls her eys and walks away! ;)

I love to tell my daughter when she has friends over for a sleepover and I'm trying to get the sleeping arrangements figured out,   "Ya sleep there!"

And you are right, every line is genius, brilliant!

You guys are cracking me up!!! I am laughing my head off. I have just learned I have to watch my tongue because I work at a Christian organization. I don't think they'd appreciate me saying, "Son of a whoreson bitch" or (what I said to my BF in SC) .... "I'm not you ... I can't make it on a couple of high altitude f--ks once or twice a year!" Whew! Lordy! I'm fornicating ...  Yikes! I better keep that under wraps, too.
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2006, 10:44:25 pm »
You guys are cracking me up!!! I am laughing my head off. I have just learned I have to watch my tongue because I work at a Christian organization.

Yes Diane. I can't even imagine the looks you'd get if you invoked one of these "brokieisms" at your job!

Whew!!!

I just can't even imagine.....

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2006, 10:57:02 pm »
Yes Diane. I can't even imagine the looks you'd get if you invoked one of these "brokieisms" at your job!

Whew!!!

I just can't even imagine.....

I have used a few and get these blank stares like, "what are you talking about??" I am also the only one in the whole building who has three pictures of BBM hanging in her cube, plus a very sexy picture of Jake!! YEEHAW!!!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2006, 08:25:31 am »
Why don't you subtly up the ante with a "sure enough" or "s'alright" or a "you bet" or a "me neither"? Then he might respond with a "son of a bitch or a "dumbass" or a "course he hates my guts." Then you can throw in "talks a blue streak" or "what the hell happened to (month)." And he'll say "you know, it could be like this, always" and you'll say "you have no idea how bad it gets" and so on and so on, kicking it up a notch each time, until eventually one of you is saying "this is a goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation" and the other is replying, "if you can't fix it, you gotta stand it" and you'll both KNOW -- without either of you ever having overtly mentioned the movie!!!

:D

Put this whole thread in the archives and bronze this post!  Where's them clappin' hands when ya need 'em?  :)

I just learned how to do sudoku this weekend.  I was sittin' doin' one yesterday and found I had made an error and the puzzle din't look right.  I looked up at the empty room and said, "What r we supposed to do now?"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 04:59:03 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2006, 03:17:10 pm »
I just thought of another one!

One day a co-worker who I don't see very often asked where I had been.  I couldn't resist and said,

"Oh, here and there."

But I said it with a "smile" in my voice so it wouldn't sound flip.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2006, 04:13:09 pm »

Looks like we got the message in any case. ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:34:27 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2006, 09:36:57 pm »
[quote author=littlewing1957 link=topic=2723.msg56907#msg56907 date=1152645430

Looks like we got the message in any case. ;)

:laugh: