Author Topic: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"  (Read 1016822 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Report your use of Brokieisms in so-called "real life"
« Reply #1320 on: January 14, 2018, 11:27:23 pm »
I did not use the Brokie-ism, but I saw it in a comic book, which I somehow missed the first time I read the series.

I was reading a back issue of "The Walking Dead" and in this issue, the survivors were running from a large herd of zombies.   They came across an abandoned house, and debated hiding in it.   One of the group was against it, saying that if one of herd accidentally brushes against the doorknob, and another sees and thinks it is an attempt to break in, they would all mindlessly start trying to break in.  He went on to describe them....."there is no rhyme or reason to them in a group that large, they are a force of nature."

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #1321 on: January 15, 2018, 10:39:03 am »
"there is no rhyme or reason to them in a group that large, they are a force of nature."

New Walking Dead slogan: "Zombies are a force of nature."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1322 on: January 16, 2018, 11:45:39 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1323 on: February 02, 2018, 06:01:43 pm »
Discussing the movie Groundhog Day (since it's February 2), this was said, "The original script had Bill Murray's character trapped in the loop for 10,000 years (though a semi-scientific look at film guesses it was actually just under 9 years)." He was "caught in my own loop"! This is thought to be a very Buddhist comment.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1324 on: October 22, 2018, 12:41:46 am »
I must confess that I've stopped using lots of Brokieisms but it's a pity since it brought me a lot of pleasure. On my recent trip, I used several. One that I recall was when I was staying at a farm in Kentucky, and the farmer was describing how visitors, especially children, love watching the goats frolic in the field. I said, "That's some high-class entertainment, if you ask me!" He smiled.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1325 on: October 22, 2018, 06:36:36 am »
I can't remember the last time I used a Brokieism.  I would guess it's been a while.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #1326 on: October 22, 2018, 08:22:42 am »
I said, "That's some high-class entertainment, if you ask me!" He smiled.

I use that one occasionally, too. It's a pretty easy one to slip into ordinary conversation unobtrusively. Unlike, say, GDBOAUS.

Let's refresh our Brokieology by doing a Brokieism challenge. Everybody try to use one Brokieism sometime this week when speaking to a non-Brokie!

:D

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1327 on: October 22, 2018, 01:49:53 pm »
Accepting your challenge!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #1328 on: October 23, 2018, 11:27:18 am »
Hmmmmm.......that could be hard.  Also, I'm on vacation this week, so I may have to try this next week.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #1329 on: October 23, 2018, 08:36:35 pm »
Hmmmmm.......that could be hard.  Also, I'm on vacation this week, so I may have to try this next week.

If it's a really nice day out, you can say to someone, "It could be like this, always." Correct? Or is it "It could be like this, just like this, always"? I don't have my handy S2S in front of me. In them early Brokie days I used to keep it within arm's reach at all times.

If someone mentions an unusual religion, you could ask about it and explain "My folks was [whatever your folks was]."

I find one of the hardest parts of delivering a successful Brokieism is using improper grammar around people who know that I know the correct grammar.