Author Topic: Fantasy Scenes  (Read 76190 times)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Fantasy Scenes
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 07:59:40 pm »
Yup, that good ol' reunion scene never loses its power.  Amazing!
 :)

Hey, I have two bits of good news.

(1) That great "Ode to the Nuzzle" thread is in the archives.  Yeehaw!  It really is/was a lovely thread.

(2)  At the time of this posting, BetterMost currently has 481 members.  In order to raise $80,000 we'd all need to pitch in $166.33 (approximately... we'd have $4.73 left over after this with which to buy beans).  That seems possible.  Plus, we'd get a lot for our money since we know that there are at least 13 versions of the first tent scene.  And, I've heard tell that it took them all day to shoot the reunion scene!  Maybe we could all write this contribution off on our taxes as a donation to the betterment of society, humankind, etc.  We all know the world would be a better place with more Brokeback Mountain in it.
 :D

OMG! That is classic! LOVE IT!!  ;D
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 08:35:17 pm »
OMG! That is classic! LOVE IT!!  ;D

Why thank you!  Thank you very much!

Well, it seems that in the last half hour or so... since posting the fundraising calculations... we've acquired 2 new BetterMost members!  Woohoo!  So, the cost of each individual pledge has now gone down!  Seriously, I wonder what Focus Features would do if they woke up one morning to a shiny new check for $80,000 dedicated to the Brokeback cause.  We'd be a good ways towards funding a sequel (and even I wouldn't want that).
 ::) :laugh:
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 08:49:23 pm »
Why thank you!  Thank you very much!

Well, it seems that in the last half hour or so... since posting the fundraising calculations... we've acquired 2 new BetterMost members!  Woohoo!  So, the cost of each individual pledge has now gone down!  Seriously, I wonder what Focus Features would do if they woke up one morning to a shiny new check for $80,000 dedicated to the Brokeback cause.  We'd be a good ways towards funding a sequel (and even I wouldn't want that). ::) :laugh:

True ... it wouldn't be the same without Jake (I mean Jack  ::)).
Diane

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2006, 01:50:42 am »
Raise money to get a DVD with deleted scenes?  Works for me.  I'll contribute!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 01:52:27 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2006, 04:06:15 am »
True ... it wouldn't be the same without Jake (I mean Jack  ::)).

Maybe the sequel could start with Ennis waking up and finding out ... it was all a dream! Jack is still alive!

OK, maybe not.

My $80,000 figure was actually based on my recollection of how much the DC forum collected for the Variety ads. But they were able to buy TWO ads, plus purchase DVDs for rural libraries across America. We wouldn't need that much for a single ad.

On the other hand, maybe we could raise the $80,000 and just hand it straight over to Ang as a bribe.

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 09:16:06 am »
there are at least 13 versions of the first tent scene.  And, I've heard tell that it took them all day to shoot the reunion scene! 
Aww... I feel really weird when I think of these unseen scenes being hidden away on a dark shelf somewhere, sort of like our boys are locked away & can't come out to play  :(
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 09:29:23 am »
Aww... I feel really weird when I think of these unseen scenes being hidden away on a dark shelf somewhere, sort of like our boys are locked away & can't come out to play  :(

I know! There are plenty of us who would like to see them in the playground!  ;)
Diane

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2006, 11:47:15 pm »
On the other hand, maybe we could raise the $80,000 and just hand it straight over to Ang as a bribe.

Yup, a bribe was more along the lines of what I was thinking.  It seems more direct than an ad.  I'd be willing to give an ad a try too though.
 ;)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 11:56:55 pm »
My daughter says be patient.  If And Lee knows whats good for him, he'll give us what we want!  He'll hand over those sexy, deleted scenes!  ;)

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 11:59:00 pm »
I hope he does come out with a DVD with those deleted scenes!! I plan on seeing the different versions of the first tent scene, too! <3
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!