Author Topic: Fantasy Scenes  (Read 76564 times)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Re: Fantasy Scenes
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2006, 02:08:05 am »
 " S'alright, s'alright........shhhhh..... damn you Ennis....go ahead and bawl, s'alright....ain't lettin' ya go, hang on to me tight..... stay in my arms as long as ya want....ain't leaving till your ready, it's ok, I ain't going nowhere....shhhh.....s'alright........nobody here but us bud...."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:28:51 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2006, 02:32:21 am »
There are two other scenes I would love to see ....

After SNIT scene ... unsure actual timeline: Jack and Ennis are joking around. Ennis' belt is undone. They fall to the ground and kiss. Then we don't see what else Aguirre is seeing. According to the book, Aguirre waits to go down to the camp until Jack and Ennis have both put  on their pants and Ennis has left to go up to the sheep. Yeow!!! ::)
I think the scene you describe after SNIT is 4-6 weeks later.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2006, 08:58:28 am »
I have been jonesing for deleted scenes since early December, so I understand where we're all coming from.

I went online and found a special edition, two disc DVD of BBM. I was so excited! But, when I clicked on it, it was only for Hong Kong and Korea. WHY!!!  ???
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2006, 03:20:42 pm »
Jack to himself:
Damn you Ennis,  I wish I could tell you how much ya mean to me, if I could make you understand how much I missed you, even that first summer so long ago lookin' down at our camp from the mountian at Brokeback. When I try I say it, I f**k it up, say things I never ment you to hear, cause you anger and pain, I forget how scared you are and end up hurting you more. Ennis I hope you can forgive me and you will be here in the fall, I'm so afraid you won't, just like I was so afraid you would send me away if I tried see you after Brokeback. If I could only tell you how I cry my eyes out on side of the road every time we part, and wish that I could be in your arms just like up here always. I live for the days I am with you, and if that's all you can give, I'll accept and treasure those few, let it be till next time, maybe then I can say it right.... I love you so much Ennis Del Mar.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:29:25 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2006, 04:48:47 pm »
I too thought that Jack's ashes would be spread on Brokeback. When Ennis left the Twist house without the ashes, I was really surprised. It just adds to the hurt of the film, I feel; it tells us that even in death Jack's dreams were denied.

That picture of him there is so freakin' sad. Imagine what a posthumous visit from Jack for Ennis would be like?
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2006, 05:22:03 pm »
I too thought that Jack's ashes would be spread on Brokeback. When Ennis left the Twist house without the ashes, I was really surprised. It just adds to the hurt of the film, I feel; it tells us that even in death Jack's dreams were denied.

I thought the same thing, too. I was convinced Jack's ashes would be spread on BBM. Then, when Ennis died, he would have his own ashes spread on BBM so that he and Jack could live together in eternity. Of course, that would be a conventional ending. Obviously, this film is not conventional in any way shape or form!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2006, 06:06:17 pm »

That picture of him there is so freakin' sad. Imagine what a posthumous visit from Jack for Ennis would be like?
I guess in my mind it went some like this.

Ennis is sitting alone after riding up to Brokeback after finding the 2nd campsite.

Jack, appearing as when Ennis first met him, come  from behind places his hand on his shoulder.

Ennis stands up, startled and frightend, backs away but still holding on to Jacks arm, shaking.

"S'alright Ennis, just came t' see ya. Say goodby till..." Jack takes Ennis, hold him in a tight embrace. "Thanks for bringing the ashes.

Ennis in tears. "Jack I'm so sorry, I wish I was there to save....."

"Shhhhhh....S' ok Ennis. I know you love me more than you can ever say, from when we were here so long ago, the looks in your eyes, how much you been miss'in me now. I know you heart was breaking when you sat on that very hill the day I told we had come down from the mountian, from our home right here just yours and mine, I know what you felt Ennis, same as me. All the years you 'a me been together in the mountians. I love you more than ever I could tell you, for always. When you found the shiirts we wore up here I kept yours closest to my heart and now mine is to yours. You have a lot of years left but know when your grandchildren are grown our time together will be near and it will be just like this, just like this always. I will come to you in your dreams and sometimes when you sleep I will wrap my arms tightly around you, and if you look on the horizon you might see me riding way off in the distance. I will always be alive in your heart Ennis DelMar.

Final tightning of the embrace and gentle release Jack turns begins to walk away and fades into thin air.

Thats how I would see, but it would be more conventional.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:56:16 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2006, 11:17:50 pm »
I guess in my mind it went some like this.

Ennis is sitting alone after riding up to Brokeback after finding the 2nd campsite.

Jack, appearing as when Ennis first met him, come  from behind places his hand on his shoulder.

Ennis stands up, startled and frightend, backs away but still holding on to Jacks arm, shaking.

"S'alright Ennis, just came t' see ya. Say goodby till..." Jack takes Ennis, hold him in a tight embrace. "Thanks for bringing the ashes.

Ennis in tears. "Jack I'm so sorry, I wish I was there to save....."

"Shhhhhh....S' ok Ennis. I know you love me more than you can ever say, from when we were here so long ago, the looks in your eyes, how much you been miss'in me now. I remember how you sat on that very hill the day I told we had to go. All the years you 'a me been together in the mountians. I love you more than ever I could tell you, for always. When you found the shiirts we wore up here I kept yours closest to my heart and now mine is to yours. You have a lot of years left but know when your grandchildren are grown our time together will be near and it will be just like this, just like this always. I will come to you in your dreams and sometimes when you sleep I will wrap my arms tightly around you, and if you look on the horizon you might see me riding way off in the distance. I will always be alive in your heart Ennis DelMar.

Final tightning of the embrace and gentle release Jack turns begins to walk away and fades into thin air.

Thats how I would see, but it would be more conventional.

Oh JP, this is so beautiful!  I am fighting back tears as I write this!  Isn't it amazing how our boys wrap themselves around our hearts?  So much poetry is inspired by them, and your beautiful piece...wonderful!

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2006, 05:09:14 pm »
Oh JP, this is so beautiful!  I am fighting back tears as I write this!  Isn't it amazing how our boys wrap themselves around our hearts?  So much poetry is inspired by them, and your beautiful piece...wonderful!

Totally agree!  I'm tearing up too reading JP's beautiful posts.  Many people here have great ideas for fantasy scenes.  I love them all!

In the book, it talks about Ennis dreaming of Jack.  I would like to see some of the dreams in the movie.  Also, in the movie, we see Jack's flash back of his happiest moment which is the dozy embrace.  It would be great to have a happy flashback for Ennis as well.  Perhaps put it in the final scene right after he opens the closet door and buttons up the blue shirt.  He would then pause and we would see some clips of them together when they were up on Brokeback Mountain, but this time in his perspective.  Particularly showing a lot of Jack smiling and them laughing and goofing around.  Then continue with the teary eyes and saying "Jack...I swear".

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2006, 08:07:20 pm »
Ennis...Ennis can you hear me? I'm right her beside you bud. I can't ever tell you how much it means that your up here with me in my room. When I was growing up, didn't have no brothers or sisters, no other kids around.. Always had chores after school, no one would come all the way out here to play. The toy rider, the little pickup, nobody's hands on 'm but mine. And now here you are in my room where I lay in my bed at night praying to the Lord to bring me someone so I wouldn't feel so all alone. And he sure answered my prayers bud, that day so many years ago when I first saw you, know 'n  I was a goin' to spend summer with ya, I knew then the Lord gave me Ennis Del Mar, you are  my very best friend, been everything to me, became a man with you that summer. Now don 't ya go worrin' about me always wishin' for what cudd'a' been, I'm save 'n a place for us and we'll be together for always.

Ennis..... could you please look in on my mama from time to time, it been so hard for her, I know you will bud...I know I don't even have' t ask.

One more thing Ennis, if you can hear me, go to the closet, there is something of both of ours together there, you'll know when you see it, take it keep it close, it'll help you through until were together again. I...I love you so very much Ennis.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 12:36:06 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »