Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1701296 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
((SHEEPHERDERS #1 and #2 APPROACH SHEEPHERDERS' TENT))

SHEEPHERDER #1: (translated from the Spanish)

What's that aroma?? And there seems to be a glow, as of candlelight, coming from our tent??!!

((SHEEPHERDER #1 dismounts))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 04:07:05 pm by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.

Wow Guy!  This is a great place you got here!

(( Indapaddock glances around the meeting tent, feeling Mr Raphaelson's intense gaze resting on his body..
He notices the well-laid table ... ))

Gee!  You really shouldn't have gone to so much trouble!  Look at that table, it's a feast!
And it smells like heaven, wow!  Gosh, I shoulda brought a bottle of wine or something ...
I think we should eat and talk about them privileges, err, benefits before we get into them bedroll blankets.
Well, I didn't mean you and me need to get into the blankets, well, unless you wanna try 'em out too..

Jeez, I am babbling, I hang around my sheep too much, I seem to be forgetting how to carry a conversation.. Haha..

%%  I am acting like an idiot..Relax! %%

((The two men walk over to the table, pull up their chairs and sit down...))

I hope you don't take this the wrong way Guy, but you look nice! 
I like the shirt, it really brings out the color in your eyes ...
Now, let's dig into this feast...

GUY RAPHAELSON (MARKETING ADVISOR):

((smiles at Mr. Indapaddock))

I agree. We should eat before a demonstration...
((blushes again)) But I don't really need to try out the product tonight, I just wanted to see the colors and the craftsmanship. I would hate to think that we are merchandising a shoddy product, particularly when Broken Arsed Mountain is gaining momentum as a cultural landmark film.

((pulls out the seat for Indapaddock then seats himself at the table))

I hope you don't mind what I made. I was thinking of serving lamb but thought perhaps you had an aversion to it, so I just avoided meat alltogether. Although there is a little chicken. **
((a little chicken flies by the window)) ** Is there something less formal I can call you, Mr. Indapaddock? I regret that I haven't had much time to familiarize myself with the cast and crew since arriving on set.**

((A sound outside the tent.))

Did you hear something?
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
The Props Magician:  :(

** Bad news people! Our very own Owl Olivia has been found unconscious on set today and had to be taken to the Broken Arsed Infirmary. Diagnosis: concussion of the brain. Obviously, she had been knocked out by an unknown flying object while venturing out for a little hunt.
Her child Olli Owl has been put into the care of the High Priestess for the time being. The warshrag, Olivia recently persuaded to follow her to her new owl-partment, has disappeared. **

** Meanwhile, her new assistant has taken care of her successful fertilizer business. Owl Olivia's Finest Natural Manure still enjoys unbroken international demand! ** :)

GUY RAPHAELSON (MARKETING ADVISOR)

((rubs his forehead with his fingers))

Ms. Property Master.... Some of us are trying to eat here.... And as much as I can appreciate the success of Owl Olivia's Finest Natural Manure, I do not need to know any details of its production at this time. **
%% Nor at any other, God willing. %%

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club

((A sound outside the tent.))

Did you hear something?

Yeah, I think I heard something - I could be wrong, but it sounds like someone speaking in German ...

((Turns his attention back to Guy ... and the dinner

))

And please Guy, call me Lucise (pronounced Lou-chis), no need for this Mr. Indapaddock stuff.
I don't mean to be forward or nothing, but since we'll be working closely together in this Broken Arsed Ecstacy venture,
it'd be great if we could get to know each other better and be less formal, you know?...

So what are some of these privileges I'm signing up for?

((Lucise looks up, directly into Guy's eyes..))

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 04:19:58 pm by Lucise »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

Yeah, I think I heard something - I could be wrong, but it sounds like someone speaking in German ...

((Turns his attention back to Guy ... and the dinner))

And please Guy, call me Lucise (pronounced Lou-chis), no need for this Mr. Indapaddock stuff.
I don't mean to be forward or nothing, but since we'll be working closely together in this Broken Arsed Ecstacy venture,
it'd be great if we could get to know each other better and be less formal, you know?...

So what are some of these privileges I'm signing up for?

((Lucise looks up, directly into Guy's eyes..))

((is a little surprised when Lucise looks so intently at him. He blushes again and looks down at the food.))

Well, Lucise.... The privileges we can offer you are negotiable... I mean the benefits... Slip of the tongue earlier. But the benefits vary greatly, based on the success of OOC Productions and the BAM Venture, for starters. I believe we have negotiated a lifelong contract for representation with the producer, so that you will continue to be spokesperson even after Broken Arsed Mountain has faded from the big screen. The television spots and commercials will continue for about 5 years unless there are television spin offs, although this may vary as well depending on the popularity of the products, name brand recognition, etcetera.**

((clears his throat and looks back up at Lucise.))

Do you understand so far..? I mean there are other benefits as well, but lifelong representation is the main one. It basically means that you will recieve a stipend everytime your image or name is used in conjunction with the sales, merchandising, or advertising of the products you are representing for the rest of your life. I will have to call my boss and confirm this, as he is the one directly dealing with the producer, but I'm pretty sure that the producer was very excited about the financial opportunities product merchandising is affording the production company, and I can see no reason why he wouldn't have agreed. Um. I'm not going too fast for you, Lucise? I'll be glad to try and explain something in more detail if you want me to.

((pauses and looks into Lucise's eyes for a moment, startled by their warmth))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 04:52:25 pm by Daniel »

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

(( Fortuitously for TERRY CLOTH, the fully and bewitchingly engorged HAILSTONE beaned the increasingly desperate OWLMA directly on her head as it fell irreversibly to earth.  Stunned by the sudden blow to her h-OWL-ow cranium   ;) , OWLMA reflexively opens her talons and releases TERRY CLOTH, who begins his own irreversible fall.  TERRY CLOTH lands softly, of course, as fabrics are wont to do, and alarmingly near a pool of sheep pee.   ))

TERRY CLOTH:

** JBB HELP ME!!  **

((JBB, hearing the dulcet tones of TERRY CLOTH's piteous cry for assistance, realises that his laundered lover is near.))

%% Aha! That oversexed OWLMA obviously did not get far. Damn her jealousy!! %%

((JBB looks up to see...))

** Oooooo, nice pad!! **

%% Ummmmm... what was I here for? Oh yes... er... of course... my Beloved is in great danger and I must rescue him on my noble stallion. Where is that old nag Arse-Butt, or whatever his name is, when you need him? %%

((Rather fortuitously, Dumbass Mule #14 emerges from the undergrowth, absently chewing on an old box of soup. JBB sighs heavily, then attempts to catch the mule's attention by whistling at it.))
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
SHEEPHERDER #1:

((Rummaging around in saddlebags, pulls out an object about 12 inches long.

Walks furtively towards the open flap of the tent))

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!

((Little Olli Owl has been sent to the High Priestess' trailer. He knocks at her door...)) :)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club

Do you understand so far..? I mean there are other benefits as well, but lifelong representation is the main one. It basically means that you will recieve a stipend everytime your image or name is used in conjunction with the sales, merchandising, or advertising of the products you are representing for the rest of your life. I will have to call my boss and confirm this, as he is the one directly dealing with the producer, but I'm pretty sure that the producer was very excited about the financial opportunities product merchandising is affording the production company, and I can see no reason why he wouldn't have agreed. Um. I'm not going too fast for you, Lucise? I'll be glad to try and explain something in more detail if you want me to.

((pauses and looks into Lucise's eyes for a moment, startled by their warmth))

((Lucise smiles at Guy ...))

I understand you perfectly well.  I love everything I have seen heard so far ..those sound like excellent benefits!  I have had a sneak peek at the list of Broken Arsed Ecstacy Products to come, and I am just beside myself with excitement.

((Lucise looks over, notices Guy watching him intently ...

Indapaddock blushes slightly, keeps talking ...))

I must say that the food is excellent, you are quite the Chef, Guy!
Wow ... It must feel great to be attractive, smart, eloquent and a gourmet cook!
You got it made!

((Flashes a smile at Guy...))

Didja hear that, I am sure there are people out there, did you just hear that noise?
We better finish dinner and get to them Bedroll Blankets..
If you wanna see all the colors, I got some more blankets back at my trailer..
Although I am sure that the 5 I brought with me will do for now.

((Indapaddock takes a sip of wine, avoiding Guy's gaze..))

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

Didja hear that, I am sure there are people out there, did you just hear that noise?
We better finish dinner and get to them Bedroll Blankets..
If you wanna see all the colors, I got some more blankets back at my trailer..
Although I am sure that the 5 I brought with me will do for now.

((Indapaddock takes a sip of wine, avoiding Guy's gaze..))

((nods to Lucise then gets up and heads toward the tent flap))

Well, I don't wish to be inhospitable. Someone could need something.

((calls out))
**Hello, anyone out there?**