Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1705375 times)

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
AGUIRRE: ((Drumroll, please))

Twist...You boys wasn't gettin paid to let the dogs babysit the sheep while you stemmed the rose!! Now, git outta my trailer!!

((Breaks into ear-to-ear grin as soon as Jack's back is turned. To hide it, he buries nose in clipboard, where on the back is drawn a big heart and the words Joe & Hal))

**Won't be long before I'm out of here--Brokeback, here we come!!**

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((completely baffled by Aguirre's behavior, Jack steps out of the trailer, lights a cigarette.))

%% Well, at least he didn't try ta sing none.%%
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
((XINT: Outside ramshackle ranch house somewhere in central Wyoming. ALMA is taking clothes off the line, since a blustery wind has come up. She looks right, where we see a beat-up old black pickup with two horses, coming down the road, swathed in a halo of wind, dust, and water.))

ALMA:
**Confound it! I just get the clothes up on the line and this wind comes up like to blow ‘em all away! An this is Ennis’s only other shirt, he’ll be on my tail if I lose it! Course he’ll be on my tail anyway, he always is when windy weather comes up. Only good thing about it is I don’t have to worry about makin any more babies that way!!**

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
((Meanwhile, the HIGH PRIESTESS has come to and realizes she's been drooling on GUY's knee))

** Hunh? **

((After taking a hit of Sacred Sage Smelling Salts, Meryl feels perkier and offers the same to GUY, who sneezes decorously and sits up))

** Well, young man, it seems we were taking an unscheduled nap.  How do you feel?  Shall we go outside and get some fresh air? **
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!

A wooly:
** Hey Mr. Indappadock! We miss our sheep trainer! **  :P

%% Unemployment is kinda uncool! %%

Offline DeeDee

((XINT: Outside ramshackle ranch house somewhere in central Wyoming. ALMA is taking clothes off the line, since a blustery wind has come up. She looks right, where we see a beat-up old black pickup with two horses, coming down the road, swathed in a halo of wind, dust, and water.))

ALMA:
**Confound it! I just get the clothes up on the line and this wind comes up like to blow ‘em all away! An this is Ennis’s only other shirt, he’ll be on my tail if I lose it! Course he’ll be on my tail anyway, he always is when windy weather comes up. Only good thing about it is I don’t have to worry about makin any more babies that way!!**

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Ennis returns home to the old ranch after another gruelling day of work.  He brings the horses to the barn and heads into the house.))

Hey honey, how's it goin?

(( He gives his wife a light kiss on the cheek and wonders what in the hell happened to her.  No make-up, wearing a housedress, looking tired all the time.))

%% I know she ain't no bathin' beauty, but she kin make it so's I at least have somethin' ta look at.  Jes' because a two kids, and warshing clothes and makin' dinner and cleaning house don't mean she's got ta let herself go.  Jack always looked good and smelt good whenever I came back down ta camp. 
Oh, now the girls are cryin' and she'll probably want me ta help.%%

(( Ennis heads off into the girl's room to see what all the screamin' is about.))
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
((ALMA is in the kitchen, doing the laundry on an old-fashioned washboard.))

Shhh, don’t say nothing Terry, don’t let on that I’m not washin Ennis’s underwear. ((Rubs him against the washboard)) Dya’ think I’m goin too fast, Terry? Think we should put the brakes on? When I get my fingers on your fluffy loops, this whole sordid house and pitiful piece of land just fades away!! Let me give you a little more of this sage and soapweed clothwash that I made. Dya’ like it??

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
((see's Ennis entering her's and Jenny's room. Smiles but continues crying for attention))

%% Wait for the deafening, um I mean defining perfomance of this performance%%

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *whimpers* Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

((Ennis looks into her bed and ruffles her hair and then goes over to Jenny's cot))

%%Fine then, go to her I know she is your favourite%%

((gets out of bed and waddles over to Ennis and grabs his ankles not letting him go until he paid her attention))
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
ALMA:
Ennis, can you wipe Jenny’s runny nose? **I can just tell her nose is goin to start running like whale spouts, whenever Ennis shows up. Maybe she’s allergic to him or something? And Alma is cryin her eyes out as soon as he’s here…I never saw a man who could cause so much wind to blow and water to flow, whenever he appears. It’s uncanny!** ((Watches through the window at Ennis rocking Jenny)) Terry you are the man to have around in this house, that’s for sure, with a husband who's like a torrential rainstorm. Terry? I didn’t pour it on too much did I? Terry?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 05:47:24 pm by Front-Ranger »

Offline DeeDee

ALMA:
Ennis, can you wipe Jenny’s runny nose? **I can just tell her nose is goin to start running like whale spouts, whenever Ennis shows up. Maybe she’s allergic to him or something? And Alma is cryin her eyes out as soon as he’s here…I never saw a man who could cause so much wind to blow and water to flow, whenever he appears. It’s uncanny!** ((Watches through the window at Ennis rocking Jenny)) Terry you are the man to have around in this house, that’s for sure, with a husband who's like a torrential rainstorm. Terry? I didn’t pour it on too much did I? Terry?

YOUNG ENNIS:

%% Here it comes, Ennis help with this, Ennis help with that...don't she do anythin' around here for herself?  Leavin' these girls cryin' all the time. 
And where in the hell is ma warshrag?  She shoulda' warshed it by now.%%

WHAT DO YA THINK I GOT 3 ARMS OR SUMPTIN' ALMA?

(( Ennis picks up his girls and tries to quiet the mayhem.))
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich