Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1696382 times)

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
** HEY!  MR. BO-PEEP INDAPADDOCK!  Corral those woolies until the Basque gets back from lunch!   :laugh:

%% Oh, shoot...that was Mr. Raymille's job to rein in PEEP....I gotta quit hornin' in.%%
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 05:13:29 pm by Sashca1007 »
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
((  Prop Magician props up Huge Stop sign before the agitated sheep ...))

%%  Good thing my sheep can read!!  Phew!! %%

(( Indapaddock yells out to flock ...))

= Beloved Woolies! Thank you for being so patient!  We will be moving on in a second!  One more actor on his way! =
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 05:28:29 pm by Lucise »

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
** Young Ennis, played by the intrepid DeeDee, is experiencing technical difficulties.  Every manner of technical support is being employed to rectify this unfortunate computer situation, and she assures everyone she will return in full force as soon as possible, hopefully within a few hours of this note.  **
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Basque sheepherders earned thirty dollars a month plus room and board. This was substantially more than their potential wages in the Basque country, but they paid a high personal cost to earn these wages. Each herder had the responsibility of caring for several hundred sheep, with only a dog to help him. There were considerable risks involved. The herder had to account for lost sheep to his employer, a responsibility made especially difficult due to the threat of predators and hostile cattle ranchers. But perhaps the worst aspect of the Basque sheepherder’s work was loneliness. The herding cycle required him to be alone for long periods of time. In many cases herders often went months without seeing or speaking to another human being and had “only the sky and the dog to talk to.” Their limited English skills also curtailed their contact with others. There are accounts of Basque sheepherders who were overcome by loneliness and never regained their mental health.

Kaixo! Aizu!
Badakizu euskaraz?

I been waitin out here days for ya and some fool cowboy run off with my truck with my notes in it.
Whatever you do- including sex in the tent during a storm that would probably pitch you off your mount were you to mount a horse rather than a man-don't let them sheep stray. Joe'll have your ass, after Jack does, if you do. And another thing, don't never order soup, them soup boxes is hard to pack. I don't know why they are hard to pack-can't be any harder then them tent poles but who am I too question things. Just don't order em.

Ikusi arte

The Basque

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 06:26:01 pm by RouxB »

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
There are accounts of Basque sheepherders who were overcome by loneliness and never regained their mental health.

Them were the bad old days - nowadays, everyone around cries out, "Wait for The Basque!"  We loves ya, RouxBasque

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
Them were the bad old days - nowadays, everyone around cries out, "Wait for The Basque!"  We loves ya, RouxBasque

**  Damn right!!  No Basque, no march up to Broken Arsed! 
He must be pretty darn important to get over 500 sheep to stand still like that ...
I know, I am telling you this as a seasoned sheep trainer!  **

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
Dumb-ass mule no. 1:

%% If Ennis isn't here then who the heck is that guy in front of me? Huh? %%

((Picks up ears and unsuccessfully tries to focus eyes and brain))

%% He's just a blur, I'm too dumb anyways to figure him out. Would take two mules to make sense of a guy like that, don't ya know?

I'll just stand around here with the sheep and Mr. mystery guy, my heavy load of beans and all, getting my back broken, waiting for the boys to get a move on! %%

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:31:25 am by Mikaela »

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
** Ladies & Gentlemen, Dumb-Ass Mule #1!  **

((Cheers!))

Available parts are now listed in blue in the Cast & Crew List featured in Post #1 of this thread.  No auditions required.  New folks welcome and encouraged to choose a part.

Please notify Mr. Raymille or his Assistant Ellemeno if you see a part you want, and we will add you to the Cast and Crew List.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2739.msg44864#msg44864
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 08:59:10 pm by Elle-Effen'-Meno »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
(( More sheep vacate the sheep playground to join the rest of the flock ....
Eager woolie-fans cheer them on!!  ))

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((borrows the director's megaphone))

WOULD ALL THE SHEEP PLEASE GET INTO HERDING POSITIONS?

((pats LOW STARTLE-POINT HORSE when she jumps at the loud noise))
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.