Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1704612 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
MONROE:

((Reacts to information that someone has finally appeared to apply for the part-time store clerc job, (no matter how dull the revised "help wanted" notice made it seem). Hurries forward with a stressed-out yet polite smile plastered on his face))

((Takes one little look))

GULP!!!!!

%% I can't believe this! My prayers have been answered! Her looks....I see her, and she looks.....like this: %%

%% This goddess really wants to work here? She's interested in stocks and shelves and condiment assortments? Oh, if there ever was a time I needed to seem calm and competent and in charge......%%

((Prepares to greet her politely:))

A la Carte Kringle Falafel Ravioli Vinaigrette Zabaglione?

((Blushes and is near fainting))

%%Oh God! Now I've done it! She'll think she's stepped into the Riverton loony bin by mistake!%%

« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 04:40:29 pm by Mikaela »

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
== Meanwhile, back at Neverland... ==

(( MICHAEL JACKSON and MRS. TWIST are hard at work in the kitchen.  ))

MICHAEL JACKSON:

Here's the bowl of cherubs...

&&  Oh, right, my therapist says I can't use that one any more.  &&

I mean cherries...

and we can get the other ingredients off of the make-up table in my dressing room...

and here's what my good friend Walter Walkin' Jesus uses to make his cherry cake really juicy!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 01:41:04 pm by alec716 »
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
==Meanwhile, at the Super Market==

MONROE:

((In the middle of more befuddled stuttering, notices the glint of gold on the bright goddess' finger))

((Comes crashing back down to earth with a big fat SPLAT!!! ))

**Monroe, you stupid git! Too busy talking in freakish culinary tongues to realize that - of course! - she's married! Some lucky guy has snapped her up and surely must be focusing on nothing else night and day than making her happier and more carefree by the minute..... **

((Sighs heavily))

((Coughs))

I'm sorry - this laryngitis of mine sure makes for some strange throat sounds now and then. Hopefully it'll pass soon. Come this way, into the office, we can talk about the job there. Very pleased to meet you, Mrs.......  I don't think I caught your name?

Offline DeeDee

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Ennis and his family are arriving at the park for the July 4th fireworks.  Ennis is in a mood tonight remembering July 4 three years ago in 1963.  Him and Jack, holding each other and watching across the vast horizon a fireworks display, feeling as if it were meant for their eyes only.
Ennis loves his family but has little patience for public outings.  He doesn't small talk much, but Alma seldom gets out anymore, so for her sake, he agreed.))

C'mon Alma, pick a spot already. Jenny, she's gettin' fidgety.  Just park it here.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline YaadPyar

MRS. TWIST:

"Them sure is some mighty fine cherries ya got there Mr. Jackson.  I been inspired to put my crafting skills to use making a gift fer Jack next time he visits."

((Mrs. Twist shows Michael Jackson her fine handiwork at making customized toilet seats, a Twist family tradition in crafting.))

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
JENNY:

%% Oh, I'm getting fidgety am I? Sure Daddy, blame it on me. And I suppose Mama doesn't want to go closer because I'll get scared. Look Daddy, just because you don't like to go out doesn't mean everything is the baby's fault. %%

((Stays silent in Ennis' arms.))

%% And why do I feel like Jenny isn't my real name? %%

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
((The BIKERS enter the fairgrounds, ready for a good time))

BIKER #2:

** Man, there's a whole herd o' pussies on the hoof, jus' like we figgered!  It's a good thing I wore my best leather vambraces.  Shore am glad we stopped by that li'l grocery store.  Who'd a thought we could get such a superfine gourmet picnic basket in this flyspeck of a town?  Whoever runs that store is a guy after m'own heart.  We got duck liver pate, triple cream brie, Kalamata olives, cherry vine tomatoes, a fresh baguette and a coupla bottles of a nice pinot noir!  Hooo-ee! **

((The BIKERS find a nice spot to sit down, not far from the Del Mar family))

BIKER #2 (to BIKER #1):

** Can I spread some o' this pate de foie de canard sur un tranche de baquette pour toi ? **

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good

Meanwhile, back at Neverland...

(( MICHAEL JACKSON is flush with excitement upon viewing MRS. TWIST's latest creations, and simply cannot keep a lid on his enthusiasm.  ))

MICHAEL JACKSON:

And the shoes, MRS. TWIST, the shoes!!

I'm Scholl sure you'll good in them!

Now let's hurry up, we don't have much time!  Let's pour the batter in the pans

and get these into the oven!

Great, now we can relax and have a drink before the evening starts...

"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good

(( TERRY CLOTH, as usual, was in ENNIS' pocket, for ENNIS loved a little rag.  ))

TERRY CLOTH:

&&  Dang, I just know how ALMA hates havin' to sit on the wet ground, 'specially with her babies here... how can I help?  Mebbe if I think really hard about JBB...  &&

(( TERRY CLOTH begins to approach a size usable for this Wholesome Famly Occasion.  ))

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
ALMA:

** I think we found the perfect spot to sit.  I don't want the girls gettin' scared when the fireworks go off..

Ennis .. you look kinda tense hun, everything okay?