Author Topic: Where is everybody from?  (Read 46628 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Where is everybody from?
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2007, 03:38:27 pm »
You GUYS! You are making me cry at work!!!!    :'(  .....  :)

So have you never been outside of Australia, Kerry? Have you ever thought of doing one of those afraid of flying courses?

Oh no!! I sure didn't want you to cry at work Melissa! I don't want you to cry at all!

Het spijt me.  :(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2007, 12:40:18 am »
I can relate to so much of what you're describing, Kerry. I too have noticed that my phobias become more pronounced with age--for example, despite my fears, I made the drive to San Francisco from Austin in 1990, yet felt so overwhelmed just last month with the prospect of forging ahead to Colorado that I felt the need to turn back.

I too don't feel a great impulse to travel. Paradoxically, I'm very interested in geography, history, and other cultures, but usually feel I get most of what I need to know in these areas from reading. I guess you could call me an armchair traveller.

I too am a great one for reading, Scott. And I have a rampant imagination. Nothing I like more than burying myself in a good novel. In the past, I have found that when I went out of my way to travel somewhere, to visit some place I'd read about in a book maybe, I was always disappointed with the reality of what I found. What was in my imagination was always more vivid and fulfilling that reality for me.  Guess I'm just a fantasist at heart!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline min

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2009, 04:57:52 am »
I'm from Christchurch, New Zealand, but originally from Calgary, Canada.  It sure is a long flight from Chch to Calgary (about 26 hours depending on the length of the layovers), but I'd rather fly than cruise (oh the seasickness...).