Author Topic: Would Brokeback Mountain movie been better or worst with no females, no wives ??  (Read 7207 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Merci encore tampatalon !

Well said as in your post !

That being said, there remains the fact that many gay men are refusing to see the Brokeback Mountain movie, either a second time or the first time ! Why ??

To me, if the movie had no females, then maybe if would be acceptable to gays ?

Au revoir, hugs!

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
Merci encore tampatalon !

Well said as in your post !

That being said, there remains the fact that many gay men are refusing to see the Brokeback Mountain movie, either a second time or the first time ! Why ??

To me, if the movie had no females, then maybe if would be acceptable to gays ?
Au revoir, hugs!

Artiste, As far as not seeing the movie a second time I can only speak for myself. I have
3 copies and only have picked through individual scenes when I feel like watching. Why, you
may ask? Brokeback opens the scars of my past and the pain in the heart overtakes me.
I like many, have lived and still live my very own private Brokeback; however, I cannot shake my private demons.

TampaTalon^">

"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Artiste

Merci tampatalon !

Thanks for your post. And like you say, we live our own Brokeback !

You have more copies of the Brokeback Mountain movie than I do !

Congratulations!

I have two. And long to see it again, as soon as I have time.

I noted often that gay men that I have seen this year and in the past years refuse to see this movie again, as they have a sour taste about it; that is my word not theirs. And those that I try to get them interested in it, are refusing too ! I still wonder why?

And maybe iif no women was in that movie, maybe more gays would watch it ?

What do you think ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Would Brokeback Mountain movie been better or worst with no females, no wives ??

It would not be Brokeback Mountain.  It would be another movie entirely.

If the Sound of Music didn't have children would it be better or worse?  I think it would be another film altogether.  :)

Offline Artiste

Merci Lucise !

That is one way to see it: two Brokeback Mountain movies needed; one beng for gay males !

Why would a non-female film one be different ? Didn't Annie's story, wasn't that different from the movie ?

Au revoir,
hugs!