Author Topic: Anne Anne Anne!  (Read 325965 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Anne Anne Anne exactly 28 years ago--
« Reply #690 on: November 13, 2015, 12:13:43 pm »
;D  Anne Hathaway is 32 years old today.

and now 33 years old--

Here is Anne exactly 28 years ago:

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Anne Anne Anne!
« Reply #691 on: January 04, 2016, 01:08:01 pm »
The difficult decisions involved in being a celebrity...Our Anne was on the beach in her bikini enjoying the last few weeks of her first pregnancy. She notices that she is being photographed. So, she decides to be photographed in a flattering pose with nice filters on the camera, and releases the photo to the world. My question is, what is she doing on the beach in a bikini during the last weeks of pregnancy anyway? In early January in Southern California??  :-\
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #692 on: January 04, 2016, 04:12:59 pm »
The difficult decisions involved in being a celebrity...Our Anne was on the beach in her bikini enjoying the last few weeks of her first pregnancy. She notices that she is being photographed. So, she decides to be photographed in a flattering pose with nice filters on the camera, and releases the photo to the world. My question is, what is she doing on the beach in a bikini during the last weeks of pregnancy anyway? In early January in Southern California??  :-\

Ah, FRiend Lee, times have changed.  In the summer I often see pregnant women in bathing suits, relaxing. 

I'm sure there are plenty of various opinions on this.  My own?  I'm sure that pregancy is an extremely uncomfortable state to be in, and if going to the beach in a bikini helps a pregnant woman find some coomfort and relaxation, then good for her!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #693 on: January 17, 2016, 06:31:16 pm »
I agree. She shouldnt need to hide away - if shes got it.. flaunt it!  :)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #694 on: January 17, 2016, 06:53:21 pm »

Ah, FRiend Lee, times have changed.  In the summer I often see pregnant women in bathing suits, relaxing.  

The operative words here are "In the summer..." I was simply asking what she was doing on a beach in a bikini IN JANUARY. But maybe, since she is Anne Hathaway, after all, she was in Fiji.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #695 on: January 18, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »
Well, I can't see her being in a bikini in the winter.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #696 on: June 15, 2016, 08:26:12 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/15/anne-hathaway-united-nations-women-goodwill-ambassador

Anne Hathaway appointed as latest
UN women's goodwill ambassador

The actor joins Nicole Kidman and Emma Watson
as the latest celebrity entrusted with advocating
on behalf of women’s rights with the United Nations

By Nigel M Smith
@nigelmfs
Wednesday 15 June 2016 17.08 EDT

Anne Hathaway, who has been named as a UN Women goodwill ambassador, is no stranger to advocating for women’s rights.
Photograph: Lucas Jackson/Reuters

Anne Hathaway is the latest Hollywood figure to be appointed by the United Nations as a global goodwill ambassador to promote gender equality and the empowerment of women. The Oscar-winning actor joins Nicole Kidman, Emma Watson and Princess Bajrakitiyabha Mahidol of Thailand as fellow women’s goodwill ambassadors.

Hathaway has been brought on board to shed a spotlight on what UN Women’s executive director, Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, described in a statement as the “motherhood penalty”.

“It is a particularly insidious demonstration of gender inequality in the workplace,” Mlambo-Ngucka said on Wednesday. “The appointment of Anne is timely because this year UN Women is driving hard to foster more positive mindsets and practical arrangements around workplaces that build and support equality for women.”

Hathaway, who said in a statement that she feels “honored and inspired by this opportunity to aid in advancing gender equality”, is no stranger to advocating on behalf of women’s rights: the actor previously served as an advocate for the Nike Foundation, formed to support programs to empower adolescent girls in the developing world, and in 2011 traveled to Kenya to raise awareness on sexual violence in the area.

“Girls who are raped are afraid to tell anyone for fear of shame, being blamed or being branded as ‘unmarriageable’ by their families and communities,” Hathaway wrote in a guest column, published in the Daily Beast, and co-authored by Maria Eitel. “As one – anonymous – woman in Dadaab put it: ‘If you tell, no one will help. It is better to be safe and tell no one.’”

Hathaway also lent her voice to the 2013 CNN documentary Girl Rising, about the power of female education.

“Significant progress has already been made, but it is time that we collectively intensify our efforts and ensure that true equality is finally realized,” Hathaway said about her appointment.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #697 on: June 15, 2016, 10:45:42 pm »
Wonderful news!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #698 on: June 16, 2016, 09:04:32 am »
Congrats to Anne!!!