Author Topic: Is there such a thing as overwatching?  (Read 27196 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Is there such a thing as overwatching?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 11:37:20 pm »
Littlewing... if you all are going to feed your Brokeback Mountain addiction, can  I join too? ;)

David, are you kidding me?  We won't do a thing without you, you know that!  You're definitely coming with us!

Feed our Brokeback addiction!  I like the sound of that!  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 02:12:24 am »
David, are you kidding me?  We won't do a thing without you, you know that!  You're definitely coming with us!

Feed our Brokeback addiction!  I like the sound of that!  :)

Aw shucks Littlewing! I was hoping you would say that! :)

Actually I can't take credit for the "feed our addiction" phrase though, Diane said it first. It was hers. I thought it was cute too! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline stevenedel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • BBM - The Steven edition
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2006, 07:26:01 am »
Stevenedel -

Welkom in Bettermost! Leuk u te ontmoeten! Jack en Ennis blijven Jack en Ennis in Nederland? Jake en Heath's stemmen? Geen nagesynchroniseer. Prima! :D

I am looking forward to reading your posts here on Bettermost! :)

Hey David, thanks! Nice to meet you, too.

Nee, geen nagesynchroniseer, goddank! - Where did you pick up your Dutch?

Still thinking what I want to do with my addiction - feed it, or let it fade... If letting it fade is possible. I suppose that deep inside I'm kinda hoping this cant be fixed, so I got to stand it...
If god had wanted people to be oppressed, he would have created bigger elephants. - Loesje

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2006, 09:13:17 am »
Still thinking what I want to do with my addiction - feed it, or let it fade... If letting it fade is possible. I suppose that deep inside I'm kinda hoping this cant be fixed, so I got to stand it...

If I would give up my BBM fix, I would have to say to all of you:

"You have no idea how bad it gets! I'm not you. I can't make it on a couple of high altitute discussions once or twice a year!"   ;)

Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

gattaca

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2006, 09:30:22 am »
It can become like a road that's too well traveled, IMO. I have connected to this film unlike any other. Words fail me. I want to write a book on the feelings this film evokes, but I don't want to bore everybody. ;)

I did view BBM constantly the 1st two weeks I had the DVD (I did not catch the theatre release, Tucson is sort of provincial). Once I got over feeling heart-shot (to use an 'Annie-ism'), I could explore the relationship between Jack & Ennis a little more objectively. Now, for me, it's become like an old friend who has a new little subtlety to show me each time I see him.

I suppose one can overwtach the film and then it beomes ennui - yes, even BBM. So I watch it now about once a week. I still see parallels to BBM in my own life all the time, though. Sometimes it takes me by surprise and I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me and then I must see the film again to comfirm the connection.

Damn you, Ennis.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 02:57:07 am »
Hey David, thanks! Nice to meet you, too.

Nee, geen nagesynchroniseer, goddank! - Where did you pick up your Dutch?

Mijn grootvader natuurlijk!

He taught my sister and I to speak Dutch as children. Unfortunately as the years have gone by, I have forgotten much of it.

If you decide to feed your addiction, you are more than welcome to join the "Brokeback Addiction Group" Littlewing and I, along with a few others are forming! :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2006, 03:22:27 am »
Gregg -

I think just about all of us can relate to Brokeback Mountain, sometimes painfully. I think that is what makes this movie so remarkable. It invokes happy, sad, scary, poignant and even desperate feelings in people... at least it does with me. :)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2006, 04:26:02 pm »
Gregg -

I think just about all of us can relate to Brokeback Mountain, sometimes painfully. I think that is what makes this movie so remarkable. It invokes happy, sad, scary, poignant and even desperate feelings in people... at least it does with me. :)

Me too... David.   And I don't know about others, but if I just hear the opening notes of the guitar in the beginning of the movie, I get serious pangs of pain... deep wounded pain... and I start to sink into the blues again over the loss of Jack and Ennis' distress.  The movie has become too painful for me to watch often any more. 

I wish there was another story to follow it where Ennis meets someone, gets better, gets happy and even falls in love again with someone like Jack, but this time Ennis gets it right by living with his Love.  I'm a sucker for the happy ending.

Rayn

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 11:47:23 pm »
If I would give up my BBM fix, I would have to say to all of you:

"You have no idea how bad it gets! I'm not you. I can't make it on a couple of high altitute discussions once or twice a year!"   ;)

Good one, Diane!  I love it. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 11:50:31 pm »
Gregg -

Feelings of being in love so powerful that I shiver!