Author Topic: I think 43 Tremblayans have joined here in the last 24 hours.  (Read 8981 times)

vkm91941

Re: I think 43 Tremblayans have joined here in the last 24 hours.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 08:24:53 am »

Will someone please ask me if i want a cup of coffee, and a piece of cherry cake.....so I can become a fully fledged member of Chez Tremblay.

Ok Katie. What some coffee doncha? Piece of Cherry Cake?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 09:03:37 am »
Ok Katie. What some coffee doncha? Piece of Cherry Cake?

A cuppa would be nice, but after seein old man twist spit in that cup, I cant eat no cherry cake right now........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 11:05:41 am »
A cuppa would be nice, but after seein old man twist spit in that cup, I cant eat no cherry cake right now........

Okay, you're in!  Next: The Secret Handshake.

[Elle takes Katie over by the stair landing and shows her The Secret Handshake.]

Offline Katie77

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 06:51:04 pm »

ok....you got me wonderin'....what is the secret handshake??

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 01:17:27 am »

Hm, I guess we need to come up with one.  Ideas?

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 01:48:37 am »
I got an idea---

I love you Ellemenopeequeuearesherrillteeyouvee

O0

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 02:10:50 am »
I got an idea---

I love you Ellemenopeequeuearesherrillteeyouvee

O0

Well, I like it, but not sure it will be everybody's choice.  Thanks RouxB!  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 09:23:01 pm »

Well, way back when I had first joined BetterMost, newyearsday told me in a PM that the secret handshake involved gently caressing the other person's forearm, gazing meaningfully into their eyes and removing their hat from their hand (if they happen to be holding a hat... a cowboy hat or otherwise).

I feel I must clarify my 'status' around here.  I was actually never on the old PT board on imdb, I was a dedicated poster over on the big BBM board on imdb (my name there was amandazehnder) and I knew most of the PT (now CT) people from the big board since they tended to be around on the main board all the time too.  By the time I even figured out what Pierre Tremblay was on imdb, it was already infested with trolls and a sinking situation, much to my dismay.

But, I came over to BetterMost quite/ relatively early (with an invitation from latjoreme).  I gather that BetterMost is in no way "invitation only" anymore.  I have not bumped a lot of the threads that still lurk on pages 17, 18, 19, etc. that have a lot to do with the politics of "inviting."  People really, really worried about that.  I thought the titles of some of those threads might be taken the wrong way by newer members of the board these days.  I did bump the ones about Jenny and Delalluvia... just because I thought it would be a kick to see those on the first page.  But, I remember, vividly, when BetterMost was top secret.  Never to be mentioned out in the open on imdb, etc.  I know for a fact that this has now changed.

Oh, see, we need a BetterMost historian.  All of this stuff is very interesting.  I'm really not enough of an old-timer to qualify as the historian.  But, I do think it's a cool idea.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:25:47 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Katie77

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 06:29:08 am »
Thank you for some information, that I had been wondering about but hadn't asked about yet....I had noticed how some here at mentioned "inviting people" over here, and I thought "oops", have i done something wrong again.....just walked in uninvited.....

I am going to spend a few hours tomorrow looking back over the old old threads, I'm sure I will enjoy what I read, and get to know about some of the "old timers" on here.

Well, way back when I had first joined BetterMost, newyearsday told me in a PM that the secret handshake involved gently caressing the other person's forearm, gazing meaningfully into their eyes and removing their hat from their hand (if they happen to be holding a hat... a cowboy hat or otherwise).

And what a lovely way to introduce onself to others, and welcome them...I am a touchy feely person, so I would accept such a "handshake", with much affection.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 06:36:45 am »
Thank you for some information, that I had been wondering about but hadn't asked about yet....I had noticed how some here at mentioned "inviting people" over here, and I thought "oops", have i done something wrong again.....just walked in uninvited.....

I am going to spend a few hours tomorrow looking back over the old old threads, I'm sure I will enjoy what I read, and get to know about some of the "old timers" on here.

And what a lovely way to introduce onself to others, and welcome them...I am a touchy feely person, so I would accept such a "handshake", with much affection.

The inviting stuff comes from the old days, Katie...a vestige of the Troll Wars at IMDb. We wanted to let friends know about this place but not trolls. With the registration and stuff that Phillip has put in place, we've moved beyond all that, which is nice.

There is a thread here with the history, which has a bit more detail. You might find it interesting.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!