Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3093823 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #520 on: June 30, 2006, 04:19:24 pm »
Hey Louise - just wanted to say thanks for the updates today.  comments over on LJ...  my schedule is incredibly erratic so i won't vote for a chat time.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #521 on: June 30, 2006, 04:19:42 pm »
Hey Louise!

Cheers for not forgetting us, come rain, sun or internet cafes closing at 10pm..;D !!

I am trembling!  I think I actually have shakes from not having internet!

It does remind me of the horrible winter I spent in Munich in 2004.  The residence hotel I moved into had "internet" but the computer, which was one computer for the entire complex (limited to half hour windows of time with people standing over you) was dog slow, had trouble opening browsers, and in addition had an "browser Nanny" that would not allow me to open any of the sites I was on.  (You know, like the yaoi fiction site I was writing for at the time).  Anyone who wants to see "what else I write" is welcome to browse my internet site for my several unpublished novels, my one published novel which is available there for sale, or look for my name in amazon.com

my website is www.zebratta.com

In winter of 2004 I was reduced to getting on a bus, then changing to the underground, then transferring to the train from Ottobrunn (on the outskirts of a very big city), then going downtown, to the Hauptbahnhof, into a crowded (with smokers) internet cafe that closed at midnight.  The chairs they had there were brutal on my back, which I was having trouble with due to the bad chairs at my work... and when I get let go from the position after 6 weeks and ended up back at my friend Jane's house in Darmstadt (she had broadband) I was not so much disappointed as grateful.

So I am reliving a bit of a nightmare at the moment.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #522 on: June 30, 2006, 04:24:12 pm »
So I am reliving a bit of a nightmare at the moment.

:-\

(maybe it would help you to think about a fave e and e moment?  :D)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #523 on: June 30, 2006, 04:27:07 pm »
well the most reviewed moment, believe it or not, was not bottom!Ennis, or reallybottom!Ennis, but rather the time Ellery hurt is back and begged Ennis to let him give him a blow job while flat on his back, and Ennis knelt over him, gripping onto the headboard while Ellery let his tongue do the walking.

Chapter 82 I believe, in "Taking Chances."

Or the Burned Biscuits chapter.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline LoveEmBoys

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #524 on: June 30, 2006, 05:22:32 pm »
bottom!Ennis, or reallybottom!Ennis

*snerk*   ;D  ;D

liked reallybottom!Ennis myself.  ;)

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #525 on: June 30, 2006, 05:55:57 pm »
The pictures of the three Ellerys are great!  I think I am in a minority but I still vote for Ellery #2, :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #526 on: June 30, 2006, 07:13:20 pm »
It sounds like Louise had quite the day. She pm'ed me a few extra details which I won't divulge here, let's just say, on the astrology charts, it rated about one star.

Louise...thanks for perservering and giving us a chapter! I am telling you, I jumped right on it and read it a few dozen times. I am sure everyone else did, too.

I don't have all those little animated graphics thing-a-ma-jiggies but maybe someone has a standing ovation? I think she has earned it.

Louise...when you get back online, we'll be thrilled to see you!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #527 on: June 30, 2006, 07:20:04 pm »
A recent reanalysis of Alfred Kinsey's data, titled "The Relation Between Sexual Orientation and Penile Size," found that homosexuals had significantly larger penises than nonhomosexuals, no matter how the measurements were done.

LOL!   I could have told you that!     he he he!    :laugh:

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #528 on: June 30, 2006, 08:22:35 pm »
Lauren and Rudy?  or.... Rudy and Lauren?

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #529 on: June 30, 2006, 09:21:14 pm »
How about a few composite Ennis/new-HJ-Ellery pix?  ;)

I am partial to the B & W ones myself ... ;)
Heath and Jake are numero uno, but Heath and Hugh aint too bad either .. :P