Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3184613 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6760 on: November 15, 2006, 05:33:06 am »
Well I've just been to LiveJournal and there are a number of deleted entries, so it looks like this fic has been taken down.

For the love of God, can't these people give it a rest already! They don't like the Laramie Sage, fine, cool, whatever. Lots of us do, so sod off and let us enjoy it.

Honestly, surely there are more constructive ways to spend one's time.

Hope you are all well today  :)

Karen

Mornin all, mornin June. ;) ;) :-*
I hadnt heard about that story Kazza, and I,m glad I never got to see it.  It must have been written by one of the many trolls who (A) hate the LS and (B) are obviously insanely jealous of Louise and all the attention that she and the LS, quite rightly is getting. I,m glad it got taken down. As for well today, well I feel a bit like a zombie today. I woke up at about 2.am and then laid there saying, "go to sleep" for the next, I dunno, 3 hours maybe? My brain was whirring round and round. I just could NOT go back to sleep. So obviously when it was time to get up and get kids ready for school etc, I was NOT a happy bunny. Then, I thought, I,ll go and get some petrol early, before the rush, and take my daughter to school at the same time. Well after I,d got my petrol, I had to fight my way through flamin road works!!! >:( >:( >:( So what should have taken about 10 mins max, took half an hour. I,d have got my petrol yesterday but the station was shut because the tanker was filling up the tanks. Why does that always happen when your just about on empty? grrrrrr. Think I,ll go drop a bomb on Bunny or something.  ;) ;)

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6761 on: November 15, 2006, 05:40:12 am »

I'm sure this new fic is also written as a tribute to the LS (hey, a lot of us make-up stories in our head about it LOL ), but maybe its' author should have contacted Louise and asked for her permission beforehand. Or maybe he did and we just don't know about it...

Unfortunately RonitR just the opposite is true. LS and Louise have been subjected to a campaign of abuse dating back many months. This is just the latest manifestation. The response to any complaints is: "You just can't take criticism".  I can understand some people finding the idea of Ennis finding a new love upsetting because I can imaginatively put myself in that mental space. They can't or won't return the favour in terms of our pain at the idea of Ennis being left to live a lonely, miserable existence. I guess it's easier to lash out and find apparently rational reasons for doing so. Even if their compaints were valid, for example, that Jack's memory is disrespected (which we all know is just not the case) that would still be no excuse for the hate campaign that has gone on. Their behaviour has been utterly despicable.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:51:49 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

yb

« Reply #6762 on: November 15, 2006, 05:43:30 am »
I don’t think the story is taken down now and I doubt it will be.  Just how pathetic some people can be!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6763 on: November 15, 2006, 05:51:33 am »
Mornin all, mornin June. ;) ;) :-*
I hadnt heard about that story Kazza, and I,m glad I never got to see it.  It must have been written by one of the many trolls who (A) hate the LS and (B) are obviously insanely jealous of Louise and all the attention that she and the LS, quite rightly is getting. I,m glad it got taken down. As for well today, well I feel a bit like a zombie today. I woke up at about 2.am and then laid there saying, "go to sleep" for the next, I dunno, 3 hours maybe? My brain was whirring round and round. I just could NOT go back to sleep. So obviously when it was time to get up and get kids ready for school etc, I was NOT a happy bunny. Then, I thought, I,ll go and get some petrol early, before the rush, and take my daughter to school at the same time. Well after I,d got my petrol, I had to fight my way through flamin road works!!! >:( >:( >:( So what should have taken about 10 mins max, took half an hour. I,d have got my petrol yesterday but the station was shut because the tanker was filling up the tanks. Why does that always happen when your just about on empty? grrrrrr. Think I,ll go drop a bomb on Bunny or something.  ;) ;)

Hey Souxi darlin  :-*

God, what a nightmare night and morning!! Jeeeeez!  :(

Aww, don't you think Bunny's been through enough?? lol  ;D  I can think of much better people to drop it on!!  ;)

The story has indeed not been taken down. It's still on BBSlash  :(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6764 on: November 15, 2006, 06:05:56 am »
The fic you mention has nothing to do with the "Laramie Saga" and is written by someone who has not been given my permission to use my characters or plot.

If you would like to help, please urge the moderators of BBSlash to enforce their rules regarding plagiarism and ownership, which are posted under "User Info."  The Laramie Saga and its original characters, belong to me, as do the content of my links and stories.  No one, I repeat, NO ONE, has been given permission to use them in any other stories.

You can voice your objections to plagiarized and unauthorized content being posted on BBSlash by sending mail to:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I also urge you not to engage in debates or to leave comments to that story, as it will do what the author had intended: to draw attention to it and to draw people into argument.  There is no argument:  this fandom should remain free of plagiarism, and the members of the fandom, and its archives, should not allow plagiarists free rein to post stories which include the content or characters from other stories without permission.

As per the instructions posted on BBSlash - please send your complaint regarding plagiarism to the moderators: do not post it in comments on the post, as they try to keep the community free of controversy.

My logo from Zebratta.com is also copyrighted, and if that log is posted anywhere, it is a violation of my copyright on that image from my website.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6765 on: November 15, 2006, 06:09:29 am »
I don’t think the story is taken down now and I doubt it will be.  Just how pathetic some people can be!

Hi and morning all. I saw it and thought that the title gave away the fact that it would be sad.  ???

I was also unsure of it's validity so out of respect for the lovely Louise I left it alone. >:(

If it is a way of getting at Louise and her saga some people wanna grow up and get a life!

Modded to add I have seen your comment and will complain through the proper channels Louise, thanks darlin' ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 06:11:04 am by katecaton »

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6766 on: November 15, 2006, 06:09:52 am »
Maybe you should give that author the benefit of a doubt. I mean, who would be nutty enough to go after Louise for writing a fanfic where someone makes Ennis HAPPY?? Then again she used to post all the time in a Quit/NoQuit thread--definately Quit.  I argued with her all the time, but it was just POSITIONS, and she had impeccably logical analysis. You could disagree with the basic premise but not the analysis leading from that premise. [I was noquit and still am rofl] Now, this'Quit' guy David---omg was he an ass, but he didn't have the logic of Louise. Louise was always a lady, and a lady with BRAINS in that debate.

Do you really think someone would go to the trouble of killing off her character just to be a dirtball?? It makes no sense.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6767 on: November 15, 2006, 06:13:25 am »
If it is a way of getting at Louise and her saga some people wanna grow up and get a life!

Funny, I wrote the exact same thing in a PM earlier  ;)

Don't know how to post comments on LJ, but will certainly send an e-mail.
Jeez!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6768 on: November 15, 2006, 06:14:39 am »
Jack,

My official statement is above - there is no mistake - other parodies of the Laramie Saga have been removed from this board, and from BBSlash, in the recent past - this is simply the latest.  I would like to urge everyone, also, to drop discussion of "Ghost of a Chance" since according to the policies of this board it is a disrespectful parody and these are not welcome on Bettermost.

Thank you - let's move on please!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6769 on: November 15, 2006, 06:14:53 am »
Obviously no doubt.

Ok, I'm an eternal optimist where people are concerned.....

Louise, just wrote jessica <planetgal> and told her it should go, for those reasons.

What idiots people can be
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"