Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3232752 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5580 on: October 15, 2006, 01:05:15 pm »
there will be another chapter today, folks, I just had to pause to make... a cake.

Yummy Louise! What kind? Edna's chocolate one??  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5581 on: October 15, 2006, 01:23:52 pm »
nope, I am making a marble loaf cake with gluten free flour. Have to use up my supplies before I move, and I have a LOT of flour.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5582 on: October 15, 2006, 01:30:48 pm »
Okay Souxi, I'm normally not into violence at all BUT just because she messed up poor sweet Ennis I'll be glad to sit on her!  ;D

And WHAT is that other thing?? A bomb! LOL!LOL!  :laugh:

Yup it sure is..it,s a nuclear one too, so when she gets blown up she,ll look something like this:

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5583 on: October 15, 2006, 01:46:05 pm »
now now now... you two settle down.

Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/135407.html  "Chapter 38:  Act of Desperation"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5584 on: October 15, 2006, 01:58:13 pm »

Just the thing Edna would say. Must be all the cake baking!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5585 on: October 15, 2006, 02:00:14 pm »

Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/135407.html  "Chapter 38:  Act of Desperation"

Well, after this, I think it is pretty clear that ol'Bunny is doing just fine taking care of herself! LOL

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5586 on: October 15, 2006, 02:04:43 pm »
Well, after this, I think it is pretty clear that ol'Bunny is doing just fine taking care of herself! LOL

Leslie

I,ve got just the thing to "take care" of Bunny with Leslie: a bunny boiler.

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5587 on: October 15, 2006, 03:45:35 pm »
Evening everyone

Well, I seem to have missed a lot of fun today!  I hadnt had chance to catch the chapters until about an hour ago, so luckily I didnt have to suffer any withdrawal symptoms as the three Dinner From Hell chapters were all there, waiting for me to read.  Wonderful chapters as always Louise, but my god, that Bunny has some serious delusional problems going on!  I'm surprised that Ennis didnt ask Ellery to go out with him to the stables? Anyhow, that old bat showed her true colours didnt she - the minute she knew Ennis was gay it was out with the homophobic remarks, to try and make Ennis look like he's done something wrong, when it's her stupid warped ways that got her in this mess. 

I know I should feel sorry for her but I dont.  I just worry about Ennis, and about Ellery, trying his hardest not to have that cigar.  At least Ellery got Ennis to relieve some of his frustration....*grin*  ;)

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5588 on: October 15, 2006, 03:52:06 pm »
Hahaha ok Christie, help me think up some of our quaint expressions for Louise lol. I bet you,ve got a choice few, as your a scouser lol. ;) ;) Cripes and I,m an Essex gal, what a combination lol. ;) ;)

Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner with this Souxi - Sundays are usually not my best day for spending hours on the BBM forums and reading slash, worst luck!

Oh I can think of loads of "quaint" expressions, just got to get my thinking cap on.  In Liverpool, the term "Queen" is used a lot as in "alright, Queen", a term of endearment to any female, but mainly for those over a certain age.  ;)

I'm actually not a scouser though, just to confuse you!  I am from just outside Liverpool, but consider myself an honorary scouser, as I love this city so much.  So I have lots of "northern" expressions that I can pass on to you

Has anyone heard of the expression "I've got to see a man about  a dog"?  My dad used to say this alot when I was growing up and I took it literally for years - until I found it usually meant he was going to the pub.  :laugh:  Or some people use it as a way of saying they are going to the loo (sorry, toilet).  Dont ask me why.  ???

I'll have to think of some more when my brain is in working order.  You may be waiting a while then!   ;)

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5589 on: October 15, 2006, 03:54:24 pm »
Heeee! I agree, Leslie  :D

Cute pic of him, never seen it before.

That pic of him is from a collection thats been posted on ebay, to show the clothes that are being put up for a charity auction.  This is the link:  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Brokeback-Mountain-Hollywoodvault1

Have a look at the pics on here, because there are a lot that have never been seen before - well, I've certainly never seen them.  They are wonderful. 

(I hope its ok to post this link, if not let me know and I'll delete it).