Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3078883 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5260 on: October 10, 2006, 03:51:16 pm »
*SIGH* 

He's beautiful, Louise   :)

Thanks!   :)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5261 on: October 10, 2006, 04:05:49 pm »
You know I neve really took much notice of Hugh Jackman until he was cast as Ellery. Now however...

SPOILER

I really enjoyed the most recent chapter (with the surprise ending). Now, what I'm wondering is why Ellery is never what you might call discreet in these circumstances. Most of us, if caught en flagrante, would cover it up or mumble something about having a lie in or whatever, but not Ellery. He doesn't exactly announce what they've been up to, but he makes sure that all the pointers are there. The girls could have been none the wiser about what was going on before they arrived, he could have just shown them into the living room and let Ennis join them.

BTW the opening to this chapter was hot!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Karen
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 04:33:39 pm by Kazza »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5262 on: October 10, 2006, 04:25:24 pm »

phew, i don't know what luch breaks you're having to come up with pictures like these, but can i have some?  ;D

thank you!

lol..I dint do it during my lunch break ..
I was out having a nice teriyaki cheese steak sandwich then .. so yummy!
But glad you approve!  8)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5263 on: October 10, 2006, 04:37:36 pm »
You know I neve really took much notice of Hugh Jackman until he was cast as Ellery. Now however...

SPOILER

I really enjoyed the most recent chapter (with the surprise ending). No what I'm wondering is why Ellery is never what you might call discreet in these circumstances. Most of us, if caught en flagrante, would cover it up or mumble something about having a lie in or whatever, but not Ellery. He doesn't exactly announce what they've been up to, but he makes sure that all the pointers are there. The girls could have been none the wiser about what was going on before they arrived, he could have just shown them into the living room and let Ennis join them.

BTW the opening to this chapter was hot!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Karen

Now see, that's what I love about Ellery, he's just who he is and I love it.  Its just another thing I find attractive about him.  He was kind of vague with Wes, but I think he was seriously pissed off with the girls turning up - probably because it was the girls.  Especially as they hadnt phoned ahead to say they were coming.  He probably enjoyed rubbing in their faces, so to speak.  I thought that was funny cos they pissed me off for turning up and ruining their Saturday morning loving.   

Did you notice how Ellery spotted the dirt on the car he'd given Junior!  I have a feeling that these girls are not going to get treated like the Queen while they are there!  Let's hope its a fleeting visit.

I want Ennis and Ellery to enjoy the rest of the weekend.  For purely selfish reasons, of course.  ;)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5264 on: October 10, 2006, 04:44:58 pm »
I think he was seriously pissed off with the girls turning up - probably because it was the girls.  Especially as they hadnt phoned ahead to say they were coming. 

I have a feeling that these girls are not going to get treated like the Queen while they are there!  Let's hope its a fleeting visit.

I want Ennis and Ellery to enjoy the rest of the weekend.  For purely selfish reasons, of course.  ;)

You know what, I think that you're right. A phone call from the girls would have smoothed the way considerably. I just hope they're not going to pull any more manipulative stunts with Ennis because Ellery will make no bones about putting them straight.

I to hope they enjoy the rest of their weekend - and I suspect our reasons just might be the same  ;D

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5265 on: October 10, 2006, 05:02:25 pm »

's

me neither, my first though about Ellery visage was this - Tommy Flanagan  and after reading about his delicate state this guy fitted quite well – about 40,tall,  absolutely skinny , apparently survived  an  accident, but of course he is not that handsome as Hugh :(

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5266 on: October 10, 2006, 05:06:45 pm »
I have had a major jones for this guy ever since I saw him in Gladiator. It's the same guy, right? Recently I read The Time-Traveler's Wife and pictured him as Henry, the main character.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5267 on: October 10, 2006, 05:18:02 pm »
about new chapter:

The  girls miss some part of decent behavior they could call Ennis, let him know they were coming, unless, they really came to see their dad. This might be just good excuse ;)
We know they lost their eyes for Ellery, and he is right now not helping to "calm them down" ;D

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5268 on: October 10, 2006, 05:25:57 pm »
I have had a major jones for this guy ever since I saw him in Gladiator. It's the same guy, right? Recently I read The Time-Traveler's Wife and pictured him as Henry, the main character.

yes it's him

I saw him in  Sunset Strip  playing gay or bisexual  underground rock star with long hair. He was stunning.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5269 on: October 10, 2006, 05:31:14 pm »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/131314.html  "Chapter 22:  Cozying Up"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”