Author Topic: Dealing with Stress and Stress-Relief Tips  (Read 22610 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dealing with Stress and Stress-Relief Tips
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2019, 11:49:03 am »
Less beef is definitely good for the planet, both by reducing methane and lessening the need for cutting down rainforests for pasture land (if they're still doing that).

Didn't Reagan, or somebody, claim that cows cause Global Warming? Or was it trees?  :laugh:

They only trust experts who confirm what they already believe.

Yes, people who tell them what they want to hear.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2019, 03:13:33 pm »
Actually, my cardiologist did NOT tell me to cut out beer, which I don't drink anyway. He told me to cut out beef.  :laugh:

I noticed that and assumed it was a typo. You've never mentioned drinking beer, so I think of you as more of a scotch guy. And maybe the occasional port?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • I'm marching for her!
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2019, 03:34:50 pm »
Back to stress relief! Yesterday I made a large pot of noodle soup with some fish that I had in the freezer. I augmented it with some vegetables and some garlic chives from my garden. I also put in a strip of kombu (dried kelp) which is traditionally used in Japanese cooking to make broth. Added lemon and some other seasonings. It was delicious yesterday and the leftovers were even more delicious as a cold noodle dish today!
May 2019 be better for us all.