Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000880 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2008, 02:20:22 pm »
Sorry to hear that, friend Lucise...maybe add a little piece of toast with some of that wonderful jelly that can only be found in Canada?

I splurged today and ate a bagel stuffed with scrambled egg and Canadian (yes!!) bacon. An apple too! On Jess' orders! For lunch I will probably just take a walk since I am not in the least bit hungry.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2008, 02:38:30 pm »
I am rarely hungry at breakfast time. Plus, I am now running on Eastern time while physically located in Mountain time. So, my stomach is confused and just gave up. So this week I have been adding a little cream to my decaf and calling that breakfast. But my husband sometimes makes me a breakfast sandwich. Yesterday I ate it for lunch.

Tell you what, FRiend Lee, this post raises issues that are much on my mind these days. Is it better to eat breakfast when you get up in the morning, before you go to work, because they say you should always eat breakfast, or is it better to wait to eat until you are actually hungry?

And how do you manage waiting till you are actually hungry, if you are stuck in your office, or otherwise on the job, when you actually do get hungry? How can you manage eating better--healthy--for breakfast if you don't eat until you are on the job?

By better I mean avoiding intake of too many carbs, too much fat, and too much sodium?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2008, 03:10:03 pm »
breakfast was a Special K protien bar.

Lunch was chicken salad and crackers

Dinner is pizza.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2008, 03:37:21 pm »
Tell you what, FRiend Lee, this post raises issues that are much on my mind these days. Is it better to eat breakfast when you get up in the morning, before you go to work, because they say you should always eat breakfast, or is it better to wait to eat until you are actually hungry?
I think if you are used to eating breakfast before leaving for work, then you shouldn't change things abruptly, because you might get lightheaded while driving or on the job. Me, I leave for work at 6:15 in the morning and I have no interest in eating at that time! So I just stash my breakfast and take it out when/if I get hungry.

And how do you manage waiting till you are actually hungry, if you are stuck in your office, or otherwise on the job, when you actually do get hungry? How can you manage eating better--healthy--for breakfast if you don't eat until you are on the job? By better I mean avoiding intake of too many carbs, too much fat, and too much sodium?  ???
If I'm about to go into a meeting and I haven't eaten anything, I will nibble on something anyway, to avoid those loud, embarassing stomach rumblings. Otherwise, I just take a break in my office or go to the cafeteria in the basement or a picnic table outside if it's nice. Sometimes I even call meetings there. Eating a healthy breakfast is hard no matter where you are. I keep a carton of instant grits in the break room. It can be microwaved in a coffee cup. I also bring leftovers from the previous night's dinner and heat them up for breakfast. Breakfast sandwiches and burritos are easy to eat at your desk. So are yogurt and fruit like apples, oranges, pears, clementines, grapes, bananas, and berries. I avoid doughnuts, muffins, pancakes, and waffles. Too much fat, calories, carbs, and sugar. English muffins are better than bagels IMO. Ham, turkey bacon and Canadian bacon are better than sausage or that sugar-laced bacon.
[/quote]

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2008, 04:05:51 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts, FRiend Lee!

Breakfast sandwiches and burritos are easy to eat at your desk.

But aren't they awfully high in fat and sodium?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2008, 04:22:09 pm »
Breakfast was an egg and cheese with sausage sandwich on toast with butter.  Its a new thing for me to try and probably not very good for you.
Lunch was leftover chicken chow mein with pork fried rice and soy sause. 
Not sure whats for dinner tonight.   :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2008, 06:29:48 pm »
But aren't they awfully high in fat and sodium?
Jeff and Dev--I suppose those breakfast sandwiches they sell at McDonalds may be high in fat and sodium. The kind I make are not, and when I order one in the cafeteria, it is made to my specs. I like English muffins rather than a bagel, one scrambled egg (no salt) and Canadian bacon or ham. No cheese, butter, or fatty meat.

Burritos are the same way...they can be very bad for you if not prepared to your specification.

A little fat is actually good for people every day. It provides nutrients, satisfies hunger, and helps you think better. The brain is actually composed of fatty tissue! Just a little bit does the trick. Was it Julia Child who said "Everything in moderation."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2008, 06:45:54 pm »
Sorry to hear that, friend Lucise...maybe add a little piece of toast with some of that wonderful jelly that can only be found in Canada?

I splurged today and ate a bagel stuffed with scrambled egg and Canadian (yes!!) bacon. An apple too! On Jess' orders! For lunch I will probably just take a walk since I am not in the least bit hungry.

I feel great now.  Cheers Lee!
I ended up having a Vietnamese Beef Satay sub for lunch.  Very delicious, somewhat healthy too.  Fixed me right up.  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2008, 07:28:24 pm »
Jeff and Dev--I suppose those breakfast sandwiches they sell at McDonalds may be high in fat and sodium. The kind I make are not, and when I order one in the cafeteria, it is made to my specs. I like English muffins rather than a bagel, one scrambled egg (no salt) and Canadian bacon or ham. No cheese, butter, or fatty meat.

Burritos are the same way...they can be very bad for you if not prepared to your specification.

OK. Unfortunately, I suspect not many people, me included, have the luxury of a cafeteria where you can get breakfast made to your specifications.

In fact, my fellow employees, when surveyed, actually said in the majority that they weren't interested in having our building expansion include a limited cafeteria service where you could get soup, salads, and so forth for lunch.  :-\

A little fat is actually good for people every day. It provides nutrients, satisfies hunger, and helps you think better. The brain is actually composed of fatty tissue! Just a little bit does the trick. Was it Julia Child who said "Everything in moderation."

Yes, I understand the body needs a little fat, but you should watch what kind of fat, too.  :)

injest

« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2008, 11:04:39 pm »

GOOD GIRL!

;)