Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000783 times)

pnwDUDE

Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2008, 11:27:15 pm »
breakfast: (a place by the river in Boardman, OR on the way home from my mom and dads and hunting) I had ham/cheese omelet, Steve had steak and eggs

lunch: none

dinner: (fixing now) Angus loin, rare, Yukon gold potato's outta our garden, and steamed broccoli

Brad

injest

« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2008, 11:30:11 pm »
breakfast: (a place by the river in Boardman, OR on the way home from my mom and dads and hunting) I had ham/cheese omelet, Steve had steak and eggs

lunch: none

dinner: (fixing now) Angus loin, rare, Yukon gold potato's outta our garden, and steamed broccoli

Brad

you get anything?

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2008, 12:31:10 am »
Jeff and Dev--I suppose those breakfast sandwiches they sell at McDonalds may be high in fat and sodium. The kind I make are not, and when I order one in the cafeteria, it is made to my specs. I like English muffins rather than a bagel, one scrambled egg (no salt) and Canadian bacon or ham. No cheese, butter, or fatty meat.

Burritos are the same way...they can be very bad for you if not prepared to your specification.

A little fat is actually good for people every day. It provides nutrients, satisfies hunger, and helps you think better. The brain is actually composed of fatty tissue! Just a little bit does the trick. Was it Julia Child who said "Everything in moderation."

Yuk! McDonalds.  Ewe I havent had anything from there in a year.  I mean it maybe once a year!  The menu is wierd, and I dont know what to look for, so the cashiers look at me.  I know some folks eat McDonalds regular.  I cant stomach it or any other fast food except subway.  :)

pnwDUDE

« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2008, 01:50:02 am »
you get anything?

hell no. my cousin Kevin shot a bull that will score out at 310 or 320. he was huge. then shot another, which his mom tagged, then we sent him home (sheesh). no one else got anything, but I really go for the poker, the JD, and some 'man' time. of course the girls go too--they actually appreciate the time their men are having  ;D

Brad

injest

« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2008, 02:02:27 am »
hell no. my cousin Kevin shot a bull that will score out at 310 or 320. he was huge. then shot another, which his mom tagged, then we sent him home (sheesh). no one else got anything, but I really go for the poker, the JD, and some 'man' time. of course the girls go too--they actually appreciate the time their men are having  ;D

Brad

well there are few things more sexy than a bunch of men sitting around a fire with their lil ol cowboy hats on... ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2008, 09:43:19 am »
Yuk! McDonalds.  Ewe I havent had anything from there in a year.  I mean it maybe once a year!  The menu is wierd, and I dont know what to look for, so the cashiers look at me.  I know some folks eat McDonalds regular.  I cant stomach it or any other fast food except subway.  :)

My weakness, which I'm proud to say I don't indulge too often, is the breakfast sandwiches from Dunkin' Donuts: Sausage, egg, and cheese on a croissant. OMG, they are s-o-o-o good! I don't even want to know the fat and sodium content. ...  :-\

Subway sandwiches are good. When I visit my dad, we often split a foot-long sandwich for lunch.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2008, 01:11:49 pm »
Sausage, egg, and cheese on a croissant.

Friend Jeff, that sounds like a great breakfast except sausage has a lot of fat and salt. Egg has more fat (just in the yolk part) and sometimes salt is added while cooking. Cheese has a lot of fat. A croissant? Fat again, plus salt. Totalled up, that sounds like the worst formula for a breakfast sandwich you could get!! Next time you see a Dunkin Doughnuts, run the other way!!!

I just finished my breakfast sandwich...a plain bagel with no butter or cream cheese, a slice of ham, and a scrambled egg. Just right for me...not enuff fat to make my brain shut down, but enufff to keep it purring until lunch. I have a lot of vices, but not many of them are in the eating category. Don't have much of a sweet tooth either, though I'm succumbing more and more these days after hanging around Offline Chuck, who likes to take a little tea with his sugar and honey in the morning. He also FORCED me to try a multilayered chocolate and raspberry torte at the Carnegie Deli that I'm dreamining about a week later!! That guy is so baaad!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2008, 01:17:53 pm »
Friend Jeff, that sounds like a great breakfast except sausage has a lot of fat and salt. Egg has more fat (just in the yolk part) and sometimes salt is added while cooking. Cheese has a lot of fat. A croissant? Fat again, plus salt. Totalled up, that sounds like the worst formula for a breakfast sandwich you could get!! Next time you see a Dunkin Doughnuts, run the other way!!!

Hey, I never said it was a healthy breakfast. I just said it was a weakness in which I did not indulge too often.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2008, 01:40:52 pm »
Hey, I never said it was a healthy breakfast. I just said it was a weakness in which I did not indulge too often.

Here's something I indulge in from time to time... perhaps only Canadians will recognise this..

Poutine

French fries topped with cheese and gravy!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2008, 07:07:13 pm »
Here's some data I gathered last winter that some readers might find interesting.

I had gotten tired of toast for breakfast every morning. I've never been real big on cold cereal, but from time to time I get a craving for a bowl of raisin bran or shredded wheat, so I started to vary my breakfast routine. Instead of eating toast every day, I varied it with Kellogg's Raisin Bran, Post Shredded Wheat 'n' Bran, Quaker Oats, and Thomas' Whole Wheat English Muffins, in addition to the locally made whole wheat bread I always use.

Then I got concerned about the amout of carbs in my diet, so I checked labels and put together this list of calories and carbs in what I was eating for breakfast.

Kellogg's Raisin Bran (1 cup with 1/2 cup skim milk): 250 Cal., 45 g Carbs.
Post Shredded Wheat 'n' Bran (1 cup with 1/2 cup skim milk): 240 Cal., 49 g Carbs.
Quaker Oats (1/2 cup dry): 150 Cal., 27 g Carbs.
100% whole wheat bread (2 slices): 200 Cal., 36 g Carbs.
Thomas' Whole Wheat English Muffins (1 muffin): 120 Cal., 23 g Carbs.