Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000793 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2008, 12:21:09 am »
I'm thinkin' the frozen pizza and Chunky Monkey 'null-n-voided' the cafe latte with skim milk--but hell, we only live once  ;)

Brad

You wouldn't be wrong, Brad, but I decided to forgo the ice cream for a glass of red wine instead.

There's a definite trend in my diet from good to worse as the day progresses.  ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

pnwDUDE

« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2008, 12:22:22 am »
You wouldn't be wrong, Brad, but I decided to forgo the ice cream for a glass of red wine instead.

Cheers!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2008, 12:25:57 am »
Cheers!

Slainte!

BTW...Did anybody tell y'all how many Moon Pies Rich and Paul and Truman and Chuck had Friday night in Virginia?  I only had ahem... remember having ...one, but that family-sized box sure was almost empty Saturday morning!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

pnwDUDE

« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2008, 12:32:43 am »
BTW...Did anybody tell y'all how many Moon Pies Rich and Paul and Truman and Chuck had Friday night in Virginia?  I only had ahem... remember having ...one, but that family-sized box sure was almost empty Saturday morning!

Virginia? Isn't that a long ways from home?

Brad

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2008, 12:39:14 am »
Virginia? Isn't that a long ways from home?

Brad

Last weekend in September we got together - I was moving from Seattle to Jacksonville by way of seeing those guys in Virginia for a weekend and my folks in Tennessee for a couple of weeks.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

pnwDUDE

« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2008, 12:41:18 am »
Last weekend in September we got together - I was moving from Seattle to Jacksonville by way of seeing those guys in Virginia for a weekend and my folks in Tennessee for a couple of weeks.

I see. I thought you still lived in Seattle. What are you going to do about mosquito's the size of hummin' birds?

Brad

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2008, 12:56:44 am »
I see. I thought you still lived in Seattle. What are you going to do about mosquito's the size of hummin' birds?

Brad

No - my job in Seattle was over in mid-July...I gave it til end of September but I wasn't finding work.  All the jobs for me at the moment seem to be on this side of the country for some strange reason.  Seattle is very much a Microsoft SQL Server kind of town and I'm an Oracle person.  I know I was only there nine months (west coast a total of 14 months) but it never felt like home for me, the local Brokie presence notwithstanding.

About the mosquitos, I dunno...working on mold at the moment.  ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2008, 05:28:55 am »
That spaghetti with the bacon, eggs, and toast seems like quite the combination, Matt!  Is it an Australian thing? or were you cleaning out the fridge?  ;)

I can't throw stones because...

Breakfast:  cafe latte with skim milk, fruit, cottage cheese
Lunch:  1/2 buffalo chicken wrap with spinach tortilla and Doritos
Dinner:  small frozen pizza, then two hours later Ryvita crackers with sliced ham ... and I'm getting ready to get into the Ben and Jerry's ice cream (Chunky Monkey flavor).  ::)

Hi Lynne

Not sure about spaghetti (or baked beans) on toast being an Aussie thing (probably is though), but it sure is a kiwi (New Zealand) stand by staple  ;D.

Hey whats Doritos and please tell me what does Chunky Monkey flavoured ice cream taste like???

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2008, 05:53:50 am »
Hi Lynne

Not sure about spaghetti (or baked beans) on toast being an Aussie thing (probably is though), but it sure is a kiwi (New Zealand) stand by staple  ;D.

Hey whats Doritos and please tell me what does Chunky Monkey flavoured ice cream taste like???

Hey Matt!  Oops...sorry for the geographic confusion; I know better.  ;)

I've heard of baked beans on toast from British people so that doesn't sound so strange.  We have salsa on our omelettes and eggs too, so actually the spaghetti thing isn't that odd either.

Doritos...a nacho-cheese flavored corn chip full of preservatives and hydrogenated oil and other bad things:

And Chunky Monkey, "All Natural", full-fat-milk-and-cream-chocolate-nut goodness....banana-flavored ice cream with dark chocolate chunks and walnuts...Yum:

"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2008, 06:37:57 am »
Personally I prefer the Doritos Cool Ranch!

Also full of preservatives and quite bad for ya! ;) ;D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.