Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1000785 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #590 on: January 15, 2011, 11:17:22 am »
Last night I had stir fried beef and vegetables and a little rice.

Tonight I am trying out a new fish taco recipe using catfish!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #591 on: January 15, 2011, 12:58:36 pm »
Last night I had stir fried beef and vegetables and a little rice.

Tonight I am trying out a new fish taco recipe using catfish!

You can keep the catfish, but the stir fry sounds good.  :D And I love rice just about any way you can fix it.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #592 on: January 15, 2011, 01:01:38 pm »
Ramen noodles (don't ask... I had a weird craving).

I think we all get them from time to time. My own experience is if I give in to the craving just once, that usually satisfies it, and and I'm good to go.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #593 on: March 07, 2011, 06:42:49 pm »
I've been eating some strange things lately. For breakfast, I ate an "Irish Breakfast": an egg, ham, tomato, avocado (instead of the traditional spinach) and some onion. Also, an English muffin with flaxseed oil instead of butter.

Here was my Irish breakfast today!! Fortified me for a long spell of blogging...

Clockwise from left: 1 egg sunnyside up, slice of ham, whole wheat toast with olive oil drizzle, broiled tomatoes. Center: sauteed broccoli. (I wanted to add a potato, but couldn't afford the calories.)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #594 on: March 17, 2011, 03:31:51 pm »
It's very unusual for me to eat all that for breakfast. I usually alternate between an egg on a slice of whole wheat bread and a piece of fruit or a little granola/cereal/oatmeal with milk or yogurt, sprinkled with berries and bananas or other fruit. Those are my two standard breakfasts. My standard lunch is either a salad or a few bites of some kind of meat or fish along with some vegetables, two or three different kinds. I try to skip dinner a couple of nights a week but usually eat a couple ounces of meat or fish with more vegetables and some carbs such as potatoes or rice. If I eat dessert, it's usually in the mid-afternoon. I take a gelato or chocolate break like the Italians do. Also, I try to eat Asian food several times a week because it is healthy and low calorie.

I'm looking to make my diet more healthy and cut out some more calories so I can lose those last couple of pounds. Any ideas?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #595 on: March 17, 2011, 08:29:07 pm »
Here was my Irish breakfast today!! Fortified me for a long spell of blogging...

Clockwise from left: 1 egg sunnyside up, slice of ham, whole wheat toast with olive oil drizzle, broiled tomatoes. Center: sauteed broccoli. (I wanted to add a potato, but couldn't afford the calories.)

Well, my dinner this evening was remarkably similar to your breakfast. I had one egg sunny-side up, one slice of whole-wheat toast, two turkey sausage patties, two squares of cheese, a tossed salad, and a small cup of diced peaches for dessert. And a big glass of water to drink.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2011, 08:55:48 am »
It's very unusual for me to eat all that for breakfast. I usually alternate between an egg on a slice of whole wheat bread and a piece of fruit or a little granola/cereal/oatmeal with milk or yogurt, sprinkled with berries and bananas or other fruit. Those are my two standard breakfasts. My standard lunch is either a salad or a few bites of some kind of meat or fish along with some vegetables, two or three different kinds. I try to skip dinner a couple of nights a week but usually eat a couple ounces of meat or fish with more vegetables and some carbs such as potatoes or rice. If I eat dessert, it's usually in the mid-afternoon. I take a gelato or chocolate break like the Italians do. Also, I try to eat Asian food several times a week because it is healthy and low calorie.

I'm looking to make my diet more healthy and cut out some more calories so I can lose those last couple of pounds. Any ideas?

Sounds to me like you've got all the bases covered.   :)

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #597 on: March 18, 2011, 12:30:18 pm »
What's for breakfast:

I'm a breakfast cereal junkie, and have been as far back as I can remember.  My mom was one of those people who can't stand to eat in the morning; I've never seen her consume anything but coffee before lunchtime.  But when she had a husband and three kids who did eat breakfast, she had to do something.  Her M.O. was to have plenty of milk and at least three different kinds of cereal in the house at all times, and she'd make toast to go with it. Worked for me, and it's still one of my favorite convenience foods.

I generally have cereal for breakfast.  Once in awhile I'll have breakfast out and do the bacon-and-egg thing, and on those days it's usually cereal for lunch.  Ready-to-eat cereals are supposed to be expensive, but if you like a wide variety it isn't hard to minimize that since on any given week some of them are on sale.  I rarely pay more than $3 a box and it's often less than that.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #598 on: March 18, 2011, 01:23:44 pm »
What's for breakfast:

I'm a breakfast cereal junkie, and have been as far back as I can remember.  My mom was one of those people who can't stand to eat in the morning; I've never seen her consume anything but coffee before lunchtime.  But when she had a husband and three kids who did eat breakfast, she had to do something.  Her M.O. was to have plenty of milk and at least three different kinds of cereal in the house at all times, and she'd make toast to go with it. Worked for me, and it's still one of my favorite convenience foods.

I generally have cereal for breakfast.  Once in awhile I'll have breakfast out and do the bacon-and-egg thing, and on those days it's usually cereal for lunch.  Ready-to-eat cereals are supposed to be expensive, but if you like a wide variety it isn't hard to minimize that since on any given week some of them are on sale.  I rarely pay more than $3 a box and it's often less than that.

You would have loved the eatery we had here a few years ago on the U. of Penn campus, near where I work. It was all breakfast cereal and nothing but breakfast cereal, 24/7. You could mix and match whatever you wanted.  ;D It only lasted a few years. Now it's a Verizon store.  :-\

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #599 on: March 19, 2011, 04:46:18 am »
You can keep the catfish, but the stir fry sounds good.  :D And I love rice just about any way you can fix it:D

ummmm I haven't cooked rice for you yet eh? actually I am not that bad when it comes to the kitchen, well no botulism (sp) just yet LO but U loathe getting the frypan out. Anyway last week I resolved to improve my diet of spaghetti and eggs, quite a bit of junk food. So I have embarked on the healthier diet. My brother loaned me a booked called the Desitute Gourmet. Good food, easy to follow (thats a plus), pictures (so I know what it should look like lol) and cheap to cook - Yay.  Over here they have a saying 5 Plus a day that is to say the minimum serves of friut and veges. So thats my objective.

So breakfast was yoghurt and cornflakes
    lunch   was poached egg on toast
    dinner (wait for it I cooked and it was edible in fact really nice) I had goulash with lots of potato and veges
    dessert  pears in juice
    supper  toast with marmite (well I am a kiwi) and another slice  with raspberry jam
               finished off with a Californian Orange