Author Topic: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?  (Read 1002658 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: What's for breakfast/lunch/supper?
« Reply #510 on: April 20, 2009, 12:53:05 pm »
New research indicates it might be a good idea to eat protein for breakfast. It seems that carbs such as cereal and oatmeal don't give us that "I'm satisfied" feeling, the opposite happens in fact, and some people are in danger of gorging on carbs the rest of the day...

But I don't want to eat an egg either. I had an omelet for dinner last nite. I think I'll have some leftover pot roast!!

Sounds good Lee! :D

I STILL have some left over pot roast in the refrigerator! I cooked it down some more yesterday and now after another night in the refrigerator the roast is very tender. I'll probably have a pot roast sandwich for lunch. They are kind of messy, but man are they good!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #511 on: April 20, 2009, 01:25:56 pm »
New research indicates it might be a good idea to eat protein for breakfast. It seems that carbs such as cereal and oatmeal don't give us that "I'm satisfied" feeling, the opposite happens in fact, and some people are in danger of gorging on carbs the rest of the day...

But I don't want to eat an egg either. I had an omelet for dinner last nite. I think I'll have some leftover pot roast!!

For the past month or so, I've managed to reduce my carb intake significantly by having an egg and turkey sausage for breakfast four mornings a week.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #512 on: April 20, 2009, 02:53:43 pm »
Let us know if that has affected your eating habits during the rest of the day and/or your general well being, friend Jeff!

And David, here's a sandwich I like to make for my friend Chuck when he's busy working: roast beef, lettuce, bread, and MAN-aise. He loves it!! It's a bit too austere for me. I like to add tomato and mustard.

I couldn't decide what to eat for breakfast and debated about it until lunchtime! I finally ate fish with a spicy sauce (mushrooms, salsa, olives, corn), broccoli, and rice. Yum, that was nice!! Now I'm ready to sally forth and conquer the world.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #513 on: April 20, 2009, 03:06:39 pm »
Let us know if that has affected your eating habits during the rest of the day and/or your general well being, friend Jeff!

Sure it has. Eating fewer carbs per week, I've lost a couple of pounds.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #514 on: April 20, 2009, 03:21:14 pm »

And David, here's a sandwich I like to make for my friend Chuck when he's busy working: roast beef, lettuce, bread, and MAN-aise. He loves it!! It's a bit too austere for me. I like to add tomato and mustard.

Sounds good Lee! Yeah, I'm with your friend on that one. Roast beef with lettuce and mayonnaise is good. Tomatoes are good on it too! And salt.

I put lettuce on nearly everything, even peanut butter sandwiches sometimes! Try it, it's good! :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #515 on: April 20, 2009, 03:23:08 pm »
Now if you leave off the lettuce and MAN-aise, that's called a Kansas sandwich, just meat and bread. That's really austere!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #516 on: April 20, 2009, 06:41:27 pm »
breakfast today:  hard boiled egg, and a half a pita with some peanut butter.

lunch:  Salad and cottage cheese.

Dinner:  pot roast, baby corn, and brown rice.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #517 on: April 20, 2009, 10:09:15 pm »

"MAN-aise"?  :o

A condiment beloved of all gay men. ...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:51:23 am by Jeff Wrangler »

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #518 on: April 21, 2009, 02:15:56 pm »
You bet, friend! You all have inspired me with this low carb stuff. I contemplated what to eat for breakfast until 11:30 and then I chose a half breast of chicken with mushrooms, broccoli, and some rigatoni with tomatoes. I feel good and what's more, my jeans fit better!

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #519 on: April 21, 2009, 10:17:13 pm »
Oh, I spoke too soon. When I arrived at dinner, what did I see: chicken, broccoli, and pasta.  ::)