Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 528325 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cowboy Wayne
« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2007, 03:17:33 pm »
I will try to photgraph them and post them...or some of them..
At least be sure to post the classified ones!!!    :o      :D
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2007, 07:48:16 pm »
Ah, the lush green hills of Mars.     :D     :o :o

I deCLARE them hills look green to me!     :o   At the bottom right of this satellite shot in part of Mariner Canyon (Valles Marineris). This area is a huge seepage slope where underground water constantly evaporates from the ground.

To me it looks like it's covered in ... GREEN!!!     :D :D :D     Like it's covered in algae!!

Or maybe little green men and women. And girls and boys!! And cats and dogs!!!   :D

The shot was taken in April 2004, so it's been around for a while, but not much commentary on it.

If you go to this site you can download the high-res where the green in this area really shows up.

http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Mars_Express/SEM6TZ57ESD_0.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 08:09:24 pm by wdj »
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #352 on: February 10, 2007, 07:51:48 pm »
Did you ever see that Star Trek The Next Generation episode where Ryker was doing undercover work and got hurt? Picard approached their 'President' and revealed that they had been visiting but the President said he didn't think his people were ready to know about aliens

maybe that is what is happening here!!

:o :o ;)

Offline Wayne

« Reply #353 on: February 10, 2007, 07:59:14 pm »
Picard approached their 'President' and revealed that they had been visiting but the President said he didn't think his people were ready to know about aliens
Well, we certainly can't handle the truth about aliens since we're not even ready to be told the truth about IRAQ!!!

:o >:(      :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 08:45:34 pm by wdj »

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2007, 08:07:22 pm »
Notice on the major ridges that one side is green while the other is not.

This spot is a little south of the equator, and north is to the right, so it's the side that is more shaded from the sun that is green, as if the heat of the sun makes the water evaporate faster so the cooler side is better.

That happens a lot on earth too!

Seems to me that would make a biological explanation more plausible - if it was just mineral deposits from the water evaporating, there would be less of a difference than if it's due to algae that need the water in liquid form in the soil for a while instead of evaporating quickly.

:D

Don

injest

« Reply #355 on: February 10, 2007, 08:12:08 pm »
Notice on the major ridges that one side is green while the other is not.

This spot is a little south of the equator, and north is to the right, so it's the side that is more shaded from the sun that is green, as if the heat of the sun makes the water evaporate faster so the cooler side is better.

That happens a lot on earth too!

Seems to me that would make a biological explanation more plausible - if it was just mineral deposits from the water evaporating, there would be less of a difference than if it's due to algae that need the water in liquid form in the soil for a while instead of evaporating quickly.

:D

how FUN...and if there is algae...and water...we could have something to work with! that would be SOOO cool to go there wouldn't it?

Offline Wayne

« Reply #356 on: February 10, 2007, 10:38:47 pm »
that would be SOOO cool to go there wouldn't it?
:-\    Well, it's a long trip - can we take some board games??     :D :D

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 10:44:48 pm by wdj »

Don

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #357 on: February 10, 2007, 10:46:19 pm »
:-\    Well, it's a long trip - can we take some board games??     :D :D

What?!?! No Scrabble???!!!  Wayne, I'm hurt, I'm really hurt.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #358 on: February 10, 2007, 10:47:51 pm »
 :'( :'(    :'(

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #359 on: February 10, 2007, 10:51:01 pm »
What?!?! No Scrabble???!!!  Wayne, I'm hurt, I'm really hurt.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:-\ :-* :D

Don