Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 524964 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cowboy Wayne
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2007, 10:39:55 pm »
Why you only let your COOL friends see that stuff??
:D :P   I wrote it last year before they banned me!!    :laugh: :laugh:

It was supposed to come out on a Sunday after they banned me on a Friday, so they pulled it.   :laugh: :laugh:

But after a year of servitude I've been rehabilitated!   :laugh: >:( :P 8) ;) ;D :D :laugh:
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2007, 10:43:39 pm »
:D :P   I wrote it last year before they banned me!!    :laugh: :laugh:

It was supposed to come out on a Sunday after they banned me on a Friday, so they pulled it.   :laugh: :laugh:

But after a year of servitude I've been rehabilitated!   :laugh: >:( :P 8) ;) ;D :D :laugh:

you must be so relieved!  :P ;)

injest

« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2007, 11:01:55 pm »
I made a Wayne file in my Favorites for your links...cause they are cool!!!

(Wake is cuter than Crick.... ;) )

injest

« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2007, 11:59:34 pm »
ok. I want to tell someone this ....and I think you will understand..so..

I was thinking today while I was driving....I have a friend that thinks if she misses her turn that God made her do it for a reason...like to protect her from a wreck or something.

And that thought...that God is so involved and close...is comforting....but.

what happens when bad things happen? If you think God is right there protecting you and you DO get into an accident then how do you wrap your mind around the thought that he let it happen?

Offline Wayne

« Reply #414 on: August 18, 2007, 12:32:39 pm »
 :-\  Yeah, that's a conundrum all right. I won't claim to have "the answer."

After a hurricane or tornado where people are killed, we often hear survivors say something to the effect of "I thank God for protecting me."

Sorry if this seems disrespectful, but to me that sounds like defining God as random chance.

I mean, I sympathize with their plight, and I identify with their sense of shock and relief. But logically the statement seems to imply that God didn't protect their neighbors, or even sent the tornado to kill them. I'm sure they don't actually think that, but they haven't worked through that part.

From a detached perspective I have to think that it's just weather. We should try to do what we reasonably can to protect ourselves but unfortunately bad things are still going to happen.
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #415 on: August 18, 2007, 02:04:44 pm »

I totally agree with that.  I always think of that also when people in sports, mention that it was the lord that was with us or some such answer.  As if god is watching ball games and picking one side over the other.  How ridiculous.   JMO

Beautiful mind

Offline Wayne

« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2007, 02:30:55 pm »
 ;D  Thanks for the call today Truman! Yeah my Russian isn't as good as my French, but my translating into English is pretty good!    ;)

Hope everybody's having a great afternoon, or mid-nite if you're down under!   Talk w/ya soon!   :-* :-*

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #417 on: August 19, 2007, 11:29:05 am »

Don

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #418 on: August 19, 2007, 11:47:01 am »
Really!!?? That's so cool!! I loved that story. And---wow---to have someone who can "fix" things closeby is a grand thing!! Be sure to relay "the rest of the story" when you can. And -- I wish I had a bench on the top of the house. How great is that? Do you watch stars, too? Thanks for sharing!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #419 on: August 19, 2007, 10:39:04 pm »
Wayne

we gonna have to have a long serious talk buddy!

;)