Author Topic: Cowboy Cosmology  (Read 525067 times)

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cowboy Wayne
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2006, 11:41:25 pm »
Hey Lynne!!! Glad to hear from you - yeah, what a great time it was the other night!  Thanks so much for bringing it to everyone's attention - I would never have known about it, right here in town      ::)

Yes, shakes and I were watching a webcam in Wyoming... just a sec...
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

injest

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2006, 11:42:14 pm »

Offline Wayne

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2006, 11:44:17 pm »
It's in Rawlins, WY, home of one of the guys on the Wyoming trip!     :laugh:

Truman and I were on an Internet-stake out this afternoon watching to see if Dana's white truck should pass by    :laugh:

It's dark right now so there's not much to see, but somebody was working on the car at the sidewalk from time to time. Funny to see a person appear, lift the hood, carry something off and disappear    :laugh:    Mysterious!!      :o

Wyomen watch!!      ??? :-* :'( ???

All Rawlins, all the time...
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2006, 12:04:07 am »
Cool...I'll check that out.  I thought that was possibly a link, but was afraid to click it at work...I'm pretty sure I'm already on some list thanks to fan fiction ;)

I'm back in Atlanta the last week of the month for a Suzanne Brockmann readers' event, and I'd love to get together with the Atlanta locals for drinks or dinner or something..it's something like July 26-30.

Suzanne writes in that 'get no respect' genre of 'women's fiction' or 'romantic suspense' and started out as a Harlequin writer, though she's in hardback and quite successful now.  The cool thing about her writing is that (to my knowledge) she created the first gay character with a romantic subplot in mainstream romantic fiction.  His name is Jules Cassidy and he's a kick-ass FBI agent 'who just happens to smell good' (her words).  Although Jules is a recurrirng character, she dedicated the book Hot Target (with Jules' romance) to her son Jason, who is gay.  It's a really nice coming-out story - lots of love and acceptance.  I contacted her when I first became involved here at BetterMost and she game me permission to reprint it here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=378.msg3179#msg3179

The other cool thing about this is that Jules is one of her readers' favorite characters (translate middle America women who read romance novels) and they are clamoring for him to have his own happily-ever-after.  She did get some negative feedback about her 'political agenda', but it was small compared to the the positive responses.  I'm excited to meet her in person.

I had a really weird/cool experience in Atlanta on Saturday that I want to post in my blog TONIGHT.  Check it out when you get a chance and let me know what you think...

Lynne
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 01:31:04 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2006, 12:08:00 am »
re: July 26-30 - great! Let's make sure to get in touch !  And I'll look forward to your blog ...   :) :)

Don

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
The Fox Theater
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2006, 01:08:51 pm »
Hey how was the showing at the Fox Theater? Was there a good crowd? Was it warmer than that old, cold time on the mountain? Did you see the marmaset?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Wayne

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2006, 01:12:02 pm »
Hey Shakes!   Yes, the Atlanta get-together was great!  I think I put up some pix somewhere ... lemme see if I can find 'em!

How you dooin'?     :)

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2006, 01:14:54 pm »
Ah, ha!  Here's my pix from the meet-up! (Click here to go to the Fox thread    :) :)   )

Also go on forward to page 9 for s'more pix.

We're having a cool grey day for July  ...   it's nice!    :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 01:16:31 pm by wdj »

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2006, 01:19:00 pm »
I have hundreds of shots from Wyoming and haven't put those up yet!! I'm looking forward to going through them!     :) :)

Don

Offline Wayne

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2006, 01:20:08 pm »
I gotta run to a meeting in a minute but glad to hear from you... Talk with you later on!!     :) :)

Don