Author Topic: Survivor Gabon  (Read 6610 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Survivor Gabon
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 07:54:23 am »
I haven't watched the show, but the headline on today's paper is "Maine man takes top prize on Survivor." He's a physics teacher and lives in South Portland. He's teaches HS in Gorham and in a bit of trivia, Julie Berry, who was also on Survivor a few years ago (and dated Jeff Probst for awhile) was one of his students.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 09:50:29 am »
really? ah, Jack...I enjoyed it...

And I am happy with the winner (for a change!)

I hated it!!! I turned the TV off when Sugar did her thing and caused the tie. When Bob (was that his name?) burned through the string I turned the TV off and I have not even looked to see who won. After all he had been working on building a fire all day because of his and Sugar's normal scheming ways. Sugar has got to be the stupidest player in Survivor history. Why in the world would she just turn over possibly winning to someone she knew would win? That's stupid!!! I was for Matty and if not him then Susie. I did not like Bob or Sugar at all throughout the entire game. I think it might just be time for Survivor to end. I read where even Jeff Probst thought this was the worst and most unlikeable group the series had ever had. If Bob did win which was a given because of Sugar throwing the game then that is my least favorite winner next to Todd a few seasons ago.

injest

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 09:54:50 am »
I don't understand why ANYONE liked "Sugar"..even her NAME got on my nerve! and that hairdo! I wanted to just snip those cotton balls off her head!

Marcus was a cutie though.. ;D

Offline oilgun

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 04:54:15 pm »
I hated it!!! I turned the TV off when Sugar did her thing and caused the tie. When Bob (was that his name?) burned through the string I turned the TV off and I have not even looked to see who won. After all he had been working on building a fire all day because of his and Sugar's normal scheming ways. Sugar has got to be the stupidest player in Survivor history. Why in the world would she just turn over possibly winning to someone she knew would win? That's stupid!!! I was for Matty and if not him then Susie. I did not like Bob or Sugar at all throughout the entire game. I think it might just be time for Survivor to end. I read where even Jeff Probst thought this was the worst and most unlikeable group the series had ever had. If Bob did win which was a given because of Sugar throwing the game then that is my least favorite winner next to Todd a few seasons ago.

Funny how it goes isn't it? Everyone I know thought it was the best Survivor in years because it was consistently unpredictable.  I don't understand how anyone could not like Bob.  He was the least scheming of all.  Susie, although a nice enough person, was basically a lump on a log who didn't belong in the final three.  Even Jeff was surprised that she got any votes at all at the end.  And as far as Sugar is concerned, she had obviously pissed off enough people that she wouldn't have won no matter who was in the final three and she knew it.   I didn't mind the tie vote scenario, like she said it left it up to fate.  I thought she had told Matty about the plan so he could prepare as well, so if she didn't then it isn't fair.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 08:55:37 pm »
Funny how it goes isn't it? Everyone I know thought it was the best Survivor in years because it was consistently unpredictable.  I don't understand how anyone could not like Bob.  He was the least scheming of all.  Susie, although a nice enough person, was basically a lump on a log who didn't belong in the final three.  Even Jeff was surprised that she got any votes at all at the end.  And as far as Sugar is concerned, she had obviously pissed off enough people that she wouldn't have won no matter who was in the final three and she knew it.   I didn't mind the tie vote scenario, like she said it left it up to fate.  I thought she had told Matty about the plan so he could prepare as well, so if she didn't then it isn't fair.

She did not tell Matty about the plan. From watching the show, Matty thought Sugar was going to vote out Bob. No, it was not fair.

injest

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 09:28:42 pm »
She did not tell Matty about the plan. From watching the show, Matty thought Sugar was going to vote out Bob. No, it was not fair.

I think the whole way thru, 'sugah' just tried to suck up to everyone...she was fake as she could be then at the end tried to 'repair' her reputation! Either be a b**** or don't ....don't try to hedge your bets.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 02:13:57 pm »
I don't understand why ANYONE liked "Sugar"..even her NAME got on my nerve! and that hairdo! I wanted to just snip those cotton balls off her head!

Marcus was a cutie though.. ;D

Well, I cannot DISLIKE Sugar because she was responsible for the highlight of the show:  Randy's humiliating exit!  IMO, she deserved the million just for pulling off that delicious coup!  I could have done with a little less of her self-congratulatory giggling but then, you should have heard my friend and I at home!
Plus, she's a real cutie.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 08:24:35 pm »
Well, I cannot DISLIKE Sugar because she was responsible for the highlight of the show:  Randy's humiliating exit!  IMO, she deserved the million just for pulling off that delicious coup!  I could have done with a little less of her self-congratulatory giggling but then, you should have heard my friend and I at home!
Plus, she's a real cutie.

We definitely agree about Randy's exit!!!!!!!!!!!! Now he is definitely a very dislikeable person. So I will give Sugar a brownie point for that one.