Author Topic: This wasn't all just a beautiful dream?  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
This wasn't all just a beautiful dream?
« on: March 31, 2006, 11:43:44 am »
I woke up (from 3 1/2 hours sleep, ughhhh) and find you all still here?  This is real?

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: This wasn't all just a beautiful dream?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 11:46:24 am »
LOL fortunately yes! Good morning Clarissa!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:06:32 pm »
Haha, that's what I thought! I love it here! Good morning Elle!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 12:13:58 pm »
Yep.  We won't even have to slide it through our minds a frame at a time and try not to dwell on it too much so it'll stoke the whole day.  It's all good.

Is it to early for whiskey?  How about a beer, then?

Cheers!
::clink, clink::
No more beans!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 01:00:11 pm »
I love this board, too!  It's like we inherited a condo in Jackson Hole with a mountain view.   8)

Thanks, thanks and more thanks to ALL of you who worked so hard to find a new home, especially Celeste and Ellemeno.  And thanks to Jenny and Andrew and others for saving so many threads.  And to Randy for the safe haven of TeamTremblay.  And Studly for the outpost at countingdown.  And most of all, thanks to Phil for this great site!

MWAH!!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 01:35:34 pm »
I know!  I woke up and one of my first thoughts was the PT board, and all of the crap that's been going on there.  Then, the clouds parted and I remembered this place!  Many thanks to all who organized this and to Phil for being our gracious host.

Cowboys do it better

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 03:07:49 pm »
I do like this site, I have to say... thanks so much Phillip. I only wish we could have the smileys of the IMDB board!!

But hay -ho we have a new sanctuary and I'm loving it!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 06:20:24 am »
Thanks, thanks and more thanks to ALL of you who worked so hard to find a new home, especially Celeste and Ellemeno.  And thanks to Jenny and Andrew and others for saving so many threads.  And to Randy for the safe haven of TeamTremblay.  And Studly for the outpost at countingdown.  And most of all, thanks to Phil for this great site!

MWAH!!

I think you've got your award acceptance speech down to a T, Meryl!  ;)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 06:25:53 am »
You have done such a wonderful job with this place. I'm adopting all of you.  I will from now on be referred to as Ma Kettle!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 06:27:25 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 10:15:38 am »
Going through early threads, I came across this and it made me smile.  We had found our Shangri-La!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 10:30:26 am »
Hey Clarissa!

thanks for bumping some old threads. For some reason, ever since we got here I've been more hesitant to bump anything old....It feels to me like I'm interrupting the conversation somehow. But there have been a lot of great little things I've missed and might want to say something about. I'll try to lose that self-consciousness/insignificant-me storyline.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 10:47:36 am »
I  know.   It seems like not long ago I was an emotional basket case crying all day long over the movie.    But now with meeting all y'all  I feel that this condition is bearable! 

Now I look at my BBM brunch T-shirt and think "Damn,  last Saturday I was in New York City!"

:-*  David

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 02:31:23 pm »
Thanks for bumping Elle!  And David - you look great in the Brokie Brunch shirt.  I can't believe it's been such a short time we've been here.  Cyber time must be like doggie years...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 06:08:03 pm »
For some reason, ever since we got here I've been more hesitant to bump anything old....It feels to me like I'm interrupting the conversation somehow. But there have been a lot of great little things I've missed and might want to say something about.

Bump away, Jenny! There are dozens of conversations going on at once anyway, so it's definitely no interruption. And I'd love to see some of your fresh opinions on old favorite topics.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 07:36:46 pm »
Bump away, Jenny! There are dozens of conversations going on at once anyway, so it's definitely no interruption. And I'd love to see some of your fresh opinions on old favorite topics.

What Katherine said!  :)