Author Topic: Through the Veil of Time  (Read 84894 times)

karen1129

Re: Through the Veil of Time
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2006, 10:09:24 pm »
Leslie dear....  need an update.  Need to know who's going to win that
chili cook off !!!  Plus, I just need a fix !!  Oh......  a little smex would be nice too !!
Well, actually, a lot would be even better  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Karen

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2006, 06:00:56 am »
Leslie dear....  need an update.  Need to know who's going to win that
chili cook off !!!  Plus, I just need a fix !!  Oh......  a little smex would be nice too !!
Well, actually, a lot would be even better  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Karen

Good idea that Karen. Isnt it "screwing your brains out day" any time soon? Bout time they celebrated that particular aniversary lol. woooweeeee. ;) ;) ;D :laugh:

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2006, 05:32:23 pm »
I was reading Chapter 14: Eternal Knot in bed this morning, and I wanted to see J&E's wedding rings ..
This is a Silver Celtic Eternal Knot ring .. in a black velvet box ...

Ennis opened the box and took out one of the rings, then lifted Jack’s left hand. He smiled as he pushed the ring onto Jack’s fourth finger. “I, Ennis, take you Jack, ta be my husband, ta have and ta hold, for better or worse, in sickness and in health,” he paused, glancing over at the open prayer book next to him, then turned back to Jack, still smiling, “for richer or poorer, and I promise to be faithful ta ya til death do us part.” He held Jack’s hand for a minute, looking at the ring, then looking at Jack.

Jack turned the ring on his finger and looked at Ennis. “You ain’t ever called me yer husband before,” he said softly.

“And I prob’ly ain’t gonna start announcin’ it ta the world,” replied Ennis. “But that’s what ya are. That’s how I think ‘bout ya.”

Jack smiled at him, then looked over at the prayer book. “My turn,” he said, taking the ring and Ennis’s left hand. “I, Jack, take you Ennis, ta be my lovin’ husband, ta have and ta hold, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer. I promise ta be faithful ta ya til death do us part.”

The ring settled in at the base of Ennis’s finger, looking as comfortable and natural as if he had been wearing it forever. He lifted his eyes to Jack’s. “Do I get ta kiss the groom?” he said.

Lovely and romantic!  :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 11:04:25 pm by Lucise »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2006, 08:46:19 pm »
Ah, Milli, thank you....

That's what I pictured and I appreciate the quote...

Hugs,

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2006, 11:14:41 am »
A Sunday morning update!

Through The Veil Of Time
Chapter 22. Facing Facts

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/25887.html

Enjoy...comments and feedback are always welcome, and appreciated.

Leslie
MaineWriter
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2006, 03:46:39 pm »
I was reading Chapter 14: Eternal Knot in bed this morning, and I wanted to see J&E's wedding rings ..
This is a Silver Celtic Eternal Knot ring .. in a black velvet box ...

Ennis opened the box and took out one of the rings, then lifted Jack’s left hand. He smiled as he pushed the ring onto Jack’s fourth finger. “I, Ennis, take you Jack, ta be my husband, ta have and ta hold, for better or worse, in sickness and in health,” he paused, glancing over at the open prayer book next to him, then turned back to Jack, still smiling, “for richer or poorer, and I promise to be faithful ta ya til death do us part.” He held Jack’s hand for a minute, looking at the ring, then looking at Jack.

Jack turned the ring on his finger and looked at Ennis. “You ain’t ever called me yer husband before,” he said softly.

“And I prob’ly ain’t gonna start announcin’ it ta the world,” replied Ennis. “But that’s what ya are. That’s how I think ‘bout ya.”

Jack smiled at him, then looked over at the prayer book. “My turn,” he said, taking the ring and Ennis’s left hand. “I, Jack, take you Ennis, ta be my lovin’ husband, ta have and ta hold, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer. I promise ta be faithful ta ya til death do us part.”

The ring settled in at the base of Ennis’s finger, looking as comfortable and natural as if he had been wearing it forever. He lifted his eyes to Jack’s. “Do I get ta kiss the groom?” he said.

Lovely and romantic!  :)         perfect lucise just perfect

Beautiful mind

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2006, 06:15:01 pm »
This couple could be Billy and Scott ..  ;) 
Except ... Is Billy blond? 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2006, 08:02:28 am »
I never said, but I actually picture Billy with brown hair.

Those two look sort of sad, though...remember, they are newly happily in love!

Leslie

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2006, 12:36:38 pm »
I never said, but I actually picture Billy with brown hair.

Those two look sort of sad, though...remember, they are newly happily in love!

Leslie

Yes, but Billy has just told Scott about his father's reaction when he came out to them, hence the slightly long faces you see in the pic!  ;D

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2006, 05:10:11 pm »
Lucise's cover is one of the most beautiful things I ever saw. It's gong to...somewhere else...soon. I don't know why; I like it even better than my avitvar.

I posted a large version on picture caps ("Some things are too beautiful to wait for. This is Lucise's (approved) cover fro Leslie Nicoll's "Through the Veil of Time")

And I sent one to Miriam, the German girl with almost no English--she has sent me so many beautiful pictures--explaining as simply as possible what it was. (that's "libertyangel")

AND I sent one to Sid Melucci, from Dave Cullen. He's my best friend.

Er...maybe I should have asked permission? I figured, if Lucise didn't want it copied, there would have been a security on it...I guess I still should have asked permission.

This is one Miriam sent me. Or two, if I can get them both in

Oh, the ring is lovely, too, I have two round Celtic things==a pendant and a pin. (Don't have 'em scanned).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 05:53:01 pm by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters