Author Topic: This morning (Saturday)  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
This morning (Saturday)
« on: June 30, 2006, 06:04:58 pm »
This morning (Saturday), my Tim called to come and look. I thought he meant the soccer, but it was this. The closeup is Mt Ruapehu, 250 km away. (I wanted to put it in "Where are you" but I couldn't find the thread.)

moremojo

Re: This morning (Saturday)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 07:06:39 pm »
Very beautiful, Shug--thanks for sharing that here. You live in a gorgeous corner of the world, to be sure.

Ya know, twilight, the hour of dawn or dusk, can be so serene and pretty. It's hard not to be somewhat reflective at those moments of the day.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 07:20:57 pm »
Shuggy.....when i read that it was YOUR Saturday morning....and seeing it is also MY Saturday morning.....i thought...."this bloke must live somewhere on my side of the globe"......and after looking up your profile, I see that we are neighbours.

Im in Queensland Australia, just joined this board last week, but have been on yahoo board since March...I have met some wonderful friends from America on the other board, but it does feel nice to be able to meet some on this side of the world, close to home, too.

I have never visited New Zealand, but my husband has, and many of my friends, and they rave over how beautiful it is over there.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, and say Hi, and I hope we connect on here again soon.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
This evening (Saturday)
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 01:50:13 am »
Though it's the middle of winter, it was so fine that Tim lay out on the deck in the sun (fully clad). This evening, Ruapehu wasn't so clear, but on the other side, Taranaki appeared, 250 km away (as it often does after Ruapehu in the morning). Beyond it was a bank of cloud that looked like a mirage of Brisbane, 2000 km away. Maybe you set something off, Katie.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 06:02:08 pm by Shuggy »

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 03:05:31 pm »
Shuggy, those pictures are just beautiful!  I would very much love to visit New Zealand someday. (May I drop by and say Hi?)  You'll be visiting our neck of the woods soon, and maybe you'll be saying Hi to me.  :D
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
This morning (Sunday)
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 05:58:35 pm »
We can both say Hi, Sasha, wherever we are! Looking forward to it.

This morning, Ruapehu seemed even clearer, but I didn't take a picture until later, when the three small islands in front of Kapiti - Motungarara, Tahoramaurea, and Tokomapuna - showed themselves.

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 06:03:50 pm »
Oh yeah, I see the islands, especially the middle one. Wow, the pics are beautiful, I really like them!!  ;D
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
This evening (Sunday)
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 05:24:01 am »
This evening, Ruapehu appeared lit from the west. (It was much clearer to the naked eye. You may need to compare with the first message to see what to look for. Maybe I should get a UV filter.)