Author Topic: "Somebody New" and Sequel "Force of Nature" (by Jenna Hilary Sinclair)  (Read 188071 times)

retropian

Re: "Somebody New" and Sequel "Force of Nature" (by Jenna Hilary Sinclair)
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2009, 09:55:31 am »
Have you seen this?

it pisses me off

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&&item=330310137270&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1120

I had no idea such a thing existed! And the art work!!! LOL!! :o I bet someone had fun creating that!

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2009, 09:59:41 am »
I had no idea such a thing existed! And the art work!!! LOL!! :o I bet someone had fun creating that!

If you think it,s good on the outside you should see it on the inside!!!! :o :o :o
I can,t understand why anyone would want to sell it. My copy is safely tucked away for me to re read at my leisure.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2009, 10:03:38 am »
If you think it,s good on the outside you should see it on the inside!!!! :o :o :o
I can,t understand why anyone would want to sell it. My copy is safely tucked away for me to re read at my leisure.

I would love to have the art work!

Too bad I canĀ“t draw myself, then I would fill my notebooks with graphic images of Jack and Ennis ;)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2009, 12:47:44 pm »

Good luck Roux.  I can not imagine anyone having that, and now selling it.  Seems to me they are just trying to
stir up a hornets nest.  I hope that is not the case...

Beautiful mind

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2009, 12:19:06 am »
the person who is selling it contacted Jenna first and Jenna was very supportive. the seller is having financial and medical issues and needs $$$. If Jenna was not supportive of it, I would never try to buy it.

Heathen

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2009, 12:05:14 pm »
When that zine was first made available for sale, I *so* much wanted to buy it, but I didn't, as I'd have had to give my credit card details for international shipping and I figured if worst came to worst, not only Jenna but the buyers of the thing could have copyright lawyers on their neck. I was not surprised but very sad when the copyright holders actually did take action some little time later.  :-\

But I would have loved to own that zine and I would have loved the opportunity to just leaf through it. So good luck to anyone trying to get hold of it, as long as Jenna herself thinks there is no problem with it.

retropian

« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2009, 04:06:53 am »

I'd love to see the inside. Maybe one day I'll be able to get a copy for myself. I'm watching the auction just to see how much it sells for. I love the story. It strikes me a very realistic. I've had a taste of the emotions she describes. There is a scene in the story, the 1st Sunday when Jack visits Ennis in his apartment. In the bedroom Ennis is so overcome at one point he's trembling uncontrollably. That scene gets me because I've been there.

retropian

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2009, 04:27:01 am »
Jenna was nice enough to reply to my querie about the possible continuation of Force of Nature. Unfortunately while she had planned a novel length story she decided to use many of her ideas in other works. So no more than the 1st 5 chapters. She did say that she see's Jack and Ennis as moving from that house, but remaining in northern NM. They're now aged 65 and still together.  :)

retropian

« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2009, 12:22:34 pm »
Hello all. I'm between fanfics right now and am looking for another good one. I know Jenna couldn't officially continue Force of Nature, but from what I've gathered the story of Jack and Ennis continues undercover with new names to mask their identities. Can anyone clue me in as to which story's of hers these are?

Thanks, Ian

Offline wayne1932

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2009, 10:50:06 am »
Jenna is publishing stories on Dreamspinner Press.   Some very good ones according to the reviews.
If it aint broke DON"T fix it.   If ya can't fix it, ya gotta stand it. If ya can't stand it...........