Author Topic: Trolls are now advertising in favour of Bettermost?  (Read 8843 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Trolls are now advertising in favour of Bettermost?
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 12:47:40 pm »
Maybe he's had a conversion experience and is now totally sincere. But I see his post as potentially more sinister. Maybe "intelligent discussions" is Tiger code for fresh prey. Maybe he's implicitly encouraging his trollish ilk to make this their next target. Not to say he'll get away with it. But I'd have a hard time believing someone like that has suddenly turned pleasant and reasonable.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 05:23:37 pm »
I agree, the person has ulterior motives.  I still post on TOB as I think it's still one of the world's major discussion boards for BBM. Seems to be slowing down. Maybe ppl who post on IMDB got tired of the hate-mongers and trolls and are at DavidCullen, here or other forurms.

DON'T EVER TRUST A TROLL! >:( To have done a 180 degree turnaround would indicate a bi-polar disorder  as others have pointed out.

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 07:53:29 pm »
Hey Larz. Oh, it/he/they will be back. They ALWAYS come back. They have a tendency to dump a nasty thread, abscond to  safety (under a bridge, a cave or where ever it is they go) and come back later to check out any damage they might have inflicted. Normally the damage is "little to none", much to their disappointment, and so they try the whole thing over again. It's a sick, twisted, vicious circle, but they seem to delight in it for some strange reason.

I sure can't figure it out. >:(

Hey David, and everyone. As I may've mentioned (somewhere, while talking to someone..), my favorite treatment for trolls is to totally ignore (not feed) them, and act as if they're invisible.  If I realize they're a troll, I refuse to dignify their lunacy with a response, but if they are subtle enough, I sometimes fail to check profiles before responding. I had to laugh at your (David's) post on one of the IMDb threads, something to the effect, "you know what's happening here, right?"  :laugh:

I'm with you - I don't understand why anyone would want to cause hate and discontent.  Sad really.  :'(

~Larz
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 07:57:15 pm by ZouBEini »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 05:45:20 pm »
Remember when somebody (was it Surf501) found the kid's picture? A 15 year old from Gothenberg, Sweden.

Tiger is from Sweden? For some reason I always pictured him living under a rickety broken down bridge somewhere in Dogpatch, Indiana typing away on a hamster powered computer.

Well, somewhere in Sweden there must be a broken down bridge with a troll named Tiger living under it. :(
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 05:51:29 pm by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

vkm91941

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 05:50:32 pm »
No we suspect the orginal foxinator was this 15 year old kid from Sweden.  He now calls himself Herminator and posts and role plays on the Star Wars Board at IMDB  Tiger is a 15 year old from Los Angeles, if what he's told me is to be believed.

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 05:53:27 pm »
Yeah, he announced it on IMDb one day when he finally wanted to admit to everyone who he was and stuff. I still don't trust them, though.
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 05:56:06 pm »
Vicky -

To be honest with you, I figured he lived out West some place. He always seemed to begin launching his preemptive strikes later in the afternoon (Indiana is on Eastern time).

Thanks for the info! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 06:01:15 pm »
Hello!

Wait.  Dogpatch? Is that near Goaturine, Indiana?  I drove through rather quickly once, and the sound of an oddly familiar banjo song  :o filled the air. 

Geez - I remember the Foxinator!  He must have trolled several IMDb boards.   ::)

~Larz

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 06:20:13 pm »
The troll seems to have seen the movie, although he can always pick up info from other threads.

by - tigerisjomama (Thu Jun 22 2006 16:52:05)  Ignore this User | Report Abuse 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While there are many threads dedicated to Ennis and his tragedy,none seem to be dedicated to the plucky Jack.He was the one with the courage to try and make a life with Ennis when he heard of his divorce.But,alas,Ennis turned him away.He was willing to fight for what he wanted.It is a pity that ennis' inherent homophobia never allowed him to truely commit to Jack.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/thread/46412290
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 06:22:24 pm »
He's still there? I would have thought he left by now...yup definantly bi-polar. Hmm...
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!