Author Topic: Where did you learn about BetterMost?  (Read 26799 times)

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
Re: Where did you learn about BetterMost?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 04:56:41 am »
Oh Elaine....another BIG welcome to our 'safe place'  I KNOW that sharing our thoughts and feelings with one another can and WILL give us insight into this sociological phenomenon that we call our 'obsession'  Hopefully we can learn from each other.  I'm not too sure how long this constant...gut wrenching feeling will last.  The ODD thing is....I'm not sure I want to get rid of it.  I DO know that this story will sit in my heart...forever!!  And yes....lost loves..buried emotions....all those vestiges of our humanity....dug up and laid bare!!  The gutted SHEEP....so significant.  The warm arms that we long to have around us....the SHIRTS!!  It's unbelievable what deep deep significant memories this movie has wrung out of us.  The aloneness in our older years that we DREAD....ENNIS and his closet!!  This movie is DEFINITELY NOT just a gay insight....it has affected MANY of us who have love in our hearts.  I find myself steering away from those 'friends' who just don't 'get it'.  I'm offended if they broach the subject and ridicule me for my feelings.  We older gals have so many more memories that we've compiled over the years. 

I'm so glad you've found us...and that we've found YOU!!   We'll travel up our 'mountain' together and we WILL reach the top....together!! 

Nancy 
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 07:19:43 pm »
I saw it listed on the imdb message site.  I only lurked over there, but at 11 viewings I am a huge fan of this amazing work of art and I think the purpose of this board is wonderful.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 01:58:32 am »
Also found your post from IDMb to be very inviting.  I especially found the BBM Radio music to be refreshing and very relaxing.  I'm not the most eloquent or expressive person around, but great job on the forums so far. ^_^

Thanks for the nice comments and welcome.  Be sure to vote in the BBM Radio Poll.  I will be refining the playlist in the weeks ahead based on everyone's recommendations.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 02:01:14 am »
I saw it listed on the imdb message site.  I only lurked over there, but at 11 viewings I am a huge fan of this amazing work of art and I think the purpose of this board is wonderful.

Hi Lynne.  I am very glad you chose to speak up over here even if you lurk over there.   :)

I look forward to reading your thoughts and comments on the issues we bring up here in the days and weeks to come.  Oscar weekend is this week.  The challenge to keep us all together post-Oscars really starts soon....

Offline tooncy

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2006, 10:40:28 am »
Hi, I just found about this on imdb too. I jumped over here b/c imdb is full of trolls. I just got here. Can't wait to check everything out!

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2006, 12:47:34 pm »
Now I'm wondering if I've wandered in the wrong door when I read posts from folks who would like this to be a site exclusively for the gay male community.

I assume you're referring to my posts, so I want to also welcome you, iristarr.  Bettermost is for everyone and anyone who loves Brokeback Mountain and who want the film to be an impetus for growth in their personal life.

To clarify, my posts are about one feature within Bettermost, the Safe Haven forum.  Phillip has graciously allowed us a forum just for LGBT peoples, and one just for women as well. 

But this website is for everybody, and I apologize if I posted anything that didn't make that clear.

Welcome, iristarr!
If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2006, 01:31:36 am »
I love this site and people on it.  Thanks to Impish for clarilying his post.  This movie has definitely touched all of our hearts in a very special way.  Iristarr, welcome and take a look at the ladies forum.

J.
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2006, 12:31:09 pm »
Hi, I just found about this on imdb too. I jumped over here b/c imdb is full of trolls. I just got here. Can't wait to check everything out!

Welcome Tooncy.  We're now into week four and doing some slow but sure growing.  Now that the Oscars have been handed out, we're going to start getting ready to push beyond Brokeback Mountain and get down to business to integrating the messages from the film into our own lives.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2006, 10:04:11 pm »
Hi there.  Like a lot of you, I saw a link to this site on IMDB.  I thought it could be helpful to connect to other people who were also deeply affected by the movie, so looking forward to getting to know people on here.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 02:33:01 am by JCinNYC2006 »
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 04:34:51 am »
I read about your site in a message on http://www.davecullen.com/brokebackmountain/ - which he calls The Ultimate Brokeback Guide.  I have to admit I have found most of my jpg, gif  and mp3 collection from links on his site.  Some MOV and some WMV's too.  But I try and surf safely and some of the sites that he links to have so many popups and other junk.   Still, I haven't been back there since I signed on with you.   Your site is at a great stage of development and I really thank you for putting it up. 
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin