Author Topic: Favorite Jake Gyllenhaal Movie?  (Read 28296 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Favorite Jake Gyllenhaal Movie?
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2006, 09:05:39 am »
I concur, Clarissa.  After Jack Twist, of course, Donnie Darko is by far my favorite character of Jake's.  And it's not just because the characters are both so interesting on the page - it's because of the life he breathed into them.  Like Jack, Donnie exists separately from Jake to me.  So he's done that twice for me, now.  Only one other actor has done that even once for me, and that of course is Heath's Ennis.

Gretchen:  What the hell kind of name is 'Donnie Darko'?  It sounds like a superhero or something.

Donnie:  What makes you think I'm not?

;D

Do you know what my favorite moment of his is in that one, though, in a movie full of favorite moments?  When he sees that the Chinese girl has written his name on her book cover when she drops it in the hallway and runs off, and he smiles after her.  What a lovely scene, and what a lovely person Donnie is that he isn't appalled or disgusted by a kind of unattractive girl having a crush on him - he's sincerely flattered.
No more beans!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2008, 06:33:11 pm »
Only Brokeback Mountain, I enjoyed and I wish he will be in the BM II !

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2008, 08:40:00 am »
The first Jake movie I watched was October Sky and I remember thinking "Oh...that´s guy is good. Hope I´ll see more of him"

then I lost track of him for a few years, remember seing Donnie Darko but never really connected with it or his character. And then there was Brokeback Mountain...

Now I´ve seen all his movies, and besides BBM, October Sky is my favorite. I think he really portrays Homer Hickham really well and I love his scenes with Chris Cooper. Gold!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2008, 08:56:03 am »
I picked The Good Girl.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2008, 11:35:28 am »
No other, and I still desire Jake G. as in Brokeback Mountain II as the next movie !  Man to man hugs and caress !!