Author Topic: Can We Make The Forum Name Better?  (Read 13241 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Can We Make The Forum Name Better?
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2006, 03:03:44 pm »
I vote for Chez Tremblay
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2006, 04:32:41 pm »
I like Chez Tremblay, too, because 1) it has a certain "je ne sais quoi" air about it; and 2) it honors our French hosts, Pierre and Nicole.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2006, 05:59:29 pm »
I'm all for "Chez Tremblay" too!

You can also translate 'chez' with 'at' -> "chez moi" : at my place.. or "sonner chez quelqu'un" -> ringing(?) someone's door bell.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2006, 06:14:56 pm »
One more vote for Chez Tremblay.

I have a friend whose surname is Tremblay (no surprise, he's French-Canadian).  I've never told him that, in a way I can't quite describe, he means more to me than he used to.

Surf

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2006, 06:17:33 pm »
I still think my name is far better.  OH well.

Surf

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2006, 06:25:31 pm »
BETTERMOST is SO much bettter than the pseudo-French, snooty, Chez Tremblasy--it isn't even FUNNY! You guys all have your taste in your left arm...

Haha Julie, that's how I feel about "Chez Tremblay" sounds more like "Cheezy Tremblay" to me, but if that's what people want, then there it is.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 06:28:15 pm »
Hey, Julie. They are not thinking about changing the name of the whole forum. Better Most stands.
Currently, this particular section is called Pierre Tremblay. People (excluding Surf. Hi, Surf, you know I love you) want it to be called Chez Tremblay.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Surf

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2006, 06:35:32 pm »
Hey, Julie. They are not thinking about changing the name of the whole forum. Better Most stands.
Currently, this particular section is called Pierre Tremblay. People (excluding Surf. Hi, Surf, you know I love you) want it to be called Chez Tremblay.

It doesn't matter to me, really.  You could call this forum "Poop" (which, it seems, we are about to anyway) and it wouldn't stop me from posting messages. (Snarky, yes, that's my middle name - or worse).  ::)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2006, 06:36:59 pm »
Surf--the only way i could get rid of a dumb picture I posted was to delete my thread!

PLEASE keep "BetterMost" --it's SO much bertter than the pseudo-French, snooty "Chez Tremblay." Whcih made me wince every time i read it on the CT boards!What is WRONG with this damn thing? I can't get rid of the falase "pcture links"==threy won't go away---AND.. "You cant report your own post to the moderator. It just doesn't make sense!"

Oh well. I have posted some pictures, but those aren't they.

It SAYS :CAN WE MAKE THE FORUM NAME BETTER? so I assumed you meant THIS forum...of course Chez Tremblay should stay the way it is...too much  of a hassle to change it anyway...and people are used to it. Even if it is pseudo-French, and snooty. "Chez" somwewhere in Paqris, not here...

Why does sparkle say wew are about to either call this thing "poop" or are about to poop? Just idly curious, nothing more.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:47:00 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2006, 06:40:06 pm »
CT = Chez Tremblay, by the way.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.