Author Topic: What Kind of Music Do You Like?  (Read 36974 times)

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: What Kind of Music Do You Like?
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2006, 12:34:56 pm »
A little Lonestar, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Sara Evans, Trace Adkins or Dixie Chicks is always good!   :D

Add to that Garth Brooks and Tim McGraw.  I really like many of their songs.  The Dixie Chicks are great.  My favorite Dixie Chicks song is "Cowboy Take Me Away".  If you change some of the pronouns, it kind of reminds my of our boys in BBM.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2006, 02:16:04 am »
I voted for Classic Rock, Classical, and Baroque.  But what I probably listen to the most these days seems to be called "Ballads."  Gershwin, Cole Porter, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan.  I sing a lot.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 02:21:07 am by Ellemeno »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2006, 02:59:24 am »
I voted for Classic Rock, Classical, and Baroque.  But what I probably listen to the most these days seems to be called "Ballads."  Gershwin, Cole Porter, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan.  I sing a lot.

I STILL have my old Boston, Journey, ELO (Electric Light Orchestra) KISS, Black Sabbath and Eagles albums from the 1970's. I don't have anything to play them on.... but I still have them.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Giancarlo

« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2006, 03:19:49 am »
I love rock (classic, modern), blues, pop (Kylie!!!), R&B, trance/techno/club, and some raggaeton

I love to dance and shake my hips to music playing in clubs...

moremojo

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2006, 10:44:27 am »
I STILL have my old Boston, Journey, ELO (Electric Light Orchestra) KISS, Black Sabbath and Eagles albums from the 1970's. I don't have anything to play them on.... but I still have them.
David, I have a ton of vinyl treasures in my home that are just gathering dust, as my old turntable broke down many moons ago, and I don't even know where to turn to try to get it fixed. I have some Eagles, Kate Bush, Fleetwood Mac, Nina Hagen, Thin Lizzy, Heart, Neil Young, and some snazzy soundtrack LPs, such as that to "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"--to name a few. Relics of a bygone age, no less beautiful or potent for being temporarily silent.

Scott

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2006, 12:37:13 am »
I find it easier to answer with music I don't like:  rap, hip-hop, hard-rock, dixieland jazz.  In all other musical fields, i.e. country-western, there are some artists I can't stand (Glen Campbell, Alan Jackson and honky-tonk singers) and some I do like (Reba, Patsy Cline, Martina McBride).  But my favorite music is classical, including opera and Broadway shows. I have a collection of about 3000 albums, vinyl and CDs,  and spend much time listening to them. Have not worked since 9/11 so when I am in the house the music system is working overtime.  The great thing about multi-changer units is putting in the max number of CDs and let it go, upwards of 7 hours without having to change anything, and a mix of all types of music.  What to do with them when I depart this earth???

horo35

« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2006, 09:17:47 pm »
Well I for one do like country music.  It's been my favourite for many years...but I do like all kinds...country gets boring once in awhile.  Gotta have some Def Lepard or ColdPlay to stir things up!  But the best song of all time has to be when Jake sings that hymn to Ennis at the campsite!  What a hit!  Why didnt they put that on the soundtrack?? ??? ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2006, 02:54:51 am »
David, I have a ton of vinyl treasures in my home that are just gathering dust, as my old turntable broke down many moons ago, and I don't even know where to turn to try to get it fixed. I have some Eagles, Kate Bush, Fleetwood Mac, Nina Hagen, Thin Lizzy, Heart, Neil Young, and some snazzy soundtrack LPs, such as that to "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"--to name a few. Relics of a bygone age, no less beautiful or potent for being temporarily silent.

Scott

God. I remember the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I managed a movie theater (Castleton I,II and III... General Cinema) around 1980-1983 and we ran The Rocky Horror Picture show every Friday and Saturday at midnight and again around 2:00 in the morning. The entire theatre would be trashed... popcorn, cups, candy and many things too disgusting to mention here. People would come dressed up in drag... including straight guys! It was a lot of fun. I don't think they play Rocky Horror Picture Show anymore here in Indianapolis, but those are some really great memories!  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2006, 03:01:02 am »
Well I for one do like country music.  It's been my favourite for many years...but I do like all kinds...country gets boring once in awhile.  Gotta have some Def Lepard or ColdPlay to stir things up!  But the best song of all time has to be when Jake sings that hymn to Ennis at the campsite!  What a hit!  Why didnt they put that on the soundtrack?? ??? ;D

Country music gets boring once in awhile?? Wow! Try listening to some Lonestar, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Sara Evans, Toby Keith or Dixie Chicks! They never get old!  :D

moremojo

« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2006, 11:54:16 am »
The entire theatre would be trashed... popcorn, cups, candy and many things too disgusting to mention here. People would come dressed up in drag... including straight guys! It was a lot of fun. I don't think they play Rocky Horror Picture Show anymore here in Indianapolis, but those are some really great memories!  :)
It seems that many theaters who show (or have shown) the movie as a midnight attraction have mixed feelings, at best, about it, since cleaning up afterwards can be so daunting. The movie still plays at midnight in Austin, Texas, though not in the same venue in which it was first made available as such. Austin was the second city in the world to show RHPS as a midnight movie (New York was the first).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:46:27 pm by moremojo »