Author Topic: What is Your Favorite Holiday Movie?  (Read 57258 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: What is Your Favorite Holiday Movie?
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2016, 05:45:37 pm »
I guess it doesn't exactly qualify as a holiday movie, but I really couldn't decide where else to put this, but Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer will be on TV tonight. Was it Friday of last week that "they" already showed the "real" How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the Dr. Seuss cartoon, not the Jim Carey movie)?

I think I read somewhere that A Charlie Brown Christmas will be on TV next week.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2018, 07:33:52 pm »
I've started to watch the Christmas movies that Hallmark Network airs now. 

I've already managed to see a favorite of mine, "The 9 Lives of Christmas".

Fireman Zachary Stone (Routh) is a confirmed bachelor who doesn’t believe in love or commitment. When a stray tabby cat named Ambrose shows up at his door, Zachary takes him in and slowly starts to see that a little companionship might not be so bad after all. Zachary’s commitment to solitude is further challenged when he meets Marilee (Sustad), an animal lover and veterinary student who teaches Zachary how to care for his new feline roommate. Chemistry immediately develops between the two, but will they find a way together despite themselves?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2018, 09:54:55 pm »
Looks cute! I guess my favorite would be "Love, Actually" and "Little Women" would be a close second.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2023, 11:19:45 pm »
At this very moment I'm watching Elf on AMC. I'm not impressed.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2023, 03:17:33 pm »
I don't think I've ever seen it, but a ton of people really seem to like it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2023, 08:08:58 pm »
Can't stand Elf. 

My favorites: 
It's a Wonderful Life
Truman Capote's A Christmas Memory (Geraldine Paige original, not the Patty Duke remake)
Scrooged
House Without a Christmas Tree (Jason Robards and Mildred Natwick; definitely worth looking for.) 

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2023, 08:26:47 pm »
Looking back on this thread, I see that many people have liked "A Christmas Memory" by Truman Capote. 

For years, all I had was a dusty VHS.  Later, I found a dvd.  But, later (not sure when), I found a dvd that was IN COLOR!

Apparently, it was originally filmed in color.  But it had always been played in B&W, so that was, and is, still,  cool. 

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2023, 08:37:07 pm »
As for "A Christmas Carol", probably my favorite was Jefferson Mays's version, during the pandemic.  One could stream it (for a cost). 

"Experience A Christmas Carol unlike any other? past, present or future. The timeless tale of Ebenezer Scrooge comes to thrilling new life as Tony Award? winner Jefferson Mays (I Am My Own Wife, Gentleman's Guide?) plays over 50 roles in a virtuosic, master class of a performance that must be seen to be believed."

Yes, he plays all of the characters, and the visual and auditory effects are wonderful.  Will he ever bring it back? 

I have had the pleasure of seeing him in both the bizarre "I Am My Own Wife" and also the farcical "Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder".