Author Topic: things that remind me of happier times  (Read 5625 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: things that remind me of happier times
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 01:05:54 pm »
Hey min and all others who replied here, thanks for indulging me that night which was so hard for me.  Sorry I've been reticent in replying again on this thread.  Tomorrow morning, my mom will have been gone for 8 months.  I now hate the 1st and the 15th of every month cause I sit there counting on my fingers how many years/months it's been for each my mom and dad.  30 and 1/2 months for my dad.  If anything, the time passing has only made things harder, memories more constant, etc.  The tears still come quite often, and I'm surrounded by reminders of them all over my house.  Some days I wake up and get so sick of my own crying, that I actually consider (just for a second or two) chucking every single thing in this house that reminds me of them, just so I can finally begin to recover and move on from the neverending grief.  But then I quickly come to my senses, and also realize I'd be living in a pretty damned empty house:)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline min

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 04:26:34 am »
Hey min and all others who replied here, thanks for indulging me that night which was so hard for me.  Sorry I've been reticent in replying again on this thread.  Tomorrow morning, my mom will have been gone for 8 months.  I now hate the 1st and the 15th of every month cause I sit there counting on my fingers how many years/months it's been for each my mom and dad.  30 and 1/2 months for my dad.  If anything, the time passing has only made things harder, memories more constant, etc.  The tears still come quite often, and I'm surrounded by reminders of them all over my house.  Some days I wake up and get so sick of my own crying, that I actually consider (just for a second or two) chucking every single thing in this house that reminds me of them, just so I can finally begin to recover and move on from the neverending grief.  But then I quickly come to my senses, and also realize I'd be living in a pretty damned empty house:)

Oh Mandy...hugs to you...this is gonna sound pretty trite but things really do get better with time.  I was quite often tearful after my Mum and Dad died, for a few years too.  But eventually it all got better...I still miss them terribly but I know how much pain they were in before they died and in my mind they are now free of all that and in a better more peaceful place.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 03:18:09 pm »
Oh Mandy...hugs to you...this is gonna sound pretty trite but things really do get better with time.  I was quite often tearful after my Mum and Dad died, for a few years too.  But eventually it all got better...I still miss them terribly but I know how much pain they were in before they died and in my mind they are now free of all that and in a better more peaceful place.

Thanks min, I would agree that thoughts like that do indeed comfort me when I get really down.  Also to know that they each lived long, long, and full lives, and that their two children will always remember them fondly.  If I were a parent, that would be more than enough to know when I passed away.   :-*
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...