Author Topic: Any Libraries needing Brokeback?  (Read 5286 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Any Libraries needing Brokeback?
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 08:04:47 pm »
 Our Brokeback Mountain: The Story, Movie, Author, Actors and Its Impact / Brokeback Mountain: Open Forum / Re: Any Libraries needing Brokeback?  on: Today at 02:30:37 PM 
Quote from: tampatalon on Today at 10:03:50 AM
I suggest donate one copy to the Hillsborough County Florida Library System out of protest & a second to Rhonda Storms. Several years ago she banned a gay pride display in the public library system. I am suprised she did not have all the books refering to gays banned and burned.

Is Rhonda Storms affiliated with the library? If so, I doubt they'd accept the donation but please let me know.

Artiste is right, there's no shortage of libraries! not only public libraries but college libraries as well.  IMO donating a copy of BBM to a library would be a great Brokie holiday thing to do.  I can tell you that this has made my own holiday a lot more meaningful.

It's always a good idea to contact the library first, so as to be sure your donation will be used.  There are some who wouldn't accept it, but homophobia isn't the only reason. When I was participating in a DVDs to libraries campaign two years ago, I discovered that some libraries don't accept DVDs with an "R" rating; others don't even stock feature films in their DVD sections; they carry only documentaries and other educational films.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 08:05:59 pm »
Merci, thanks Marge
for the above post thanking me !

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 05:24:51 am »
I was supposed to do it before Xmas but couldn't make it. Yesterday I donated a copy of the  short story to my library.
I live in a seaside resort on the Italian Riviera, our library has an excellent section of books in foreign languages, English being the richest. While they have Close Range in English they didn't have BbM in Italian. I had lent my copy to one of the ladies working there a few months ago, and now I bought the library a copy as a Xmas present. As their funds are limited they were very pleased when I gave it to them.
BbM, I swear