Author Topic: Today I let go...  (Read 6043 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Today I let go...
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 10:55:55 pm »
Ruby, I know you'll be strong and get through this difficult time in your life. We are all here for you if you need us.

;D  That's hilarious!

RouxB, I'll add you in my meditations and prayers tonight, so that your DVD doesn't come back looking like ...  :o

...Rest assured Roux!  ;D

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 11:32:35 pm »
Rouxb -

You clearly have strength of character!   Knowing that it would possibly be forever before I could do that, I bought 5 copies of the DVD & 3 copies of the Story to Screenplay.

2 DVD's & books for me - just in case...  :-\
1 DVD & book for my oldest son,
1 DVD for my youngest son, and
1 as a loaner. 

« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 10:01:13 am by silkncense »
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 02:11:04 am »
I also have a loaner copy.  It's the widescreen copy i got first.  No effen' way I''m lending out my fullscreen DVD.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 04:50:05 am »
Like Jeff, I have lent out too many books in my life that I have never seen again, so there is no way on this earth that I would let my story to screenplay out of my hands. In fact, lately I don't even let it out of my reliquary!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 05:26:49 am »
Rouxbycude!  Get thee to a shrink!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 11:30:37 am »
I also have a loaner copy.  It's the widescreen copy i got first.  No effen' way I''m lending out my fullscreen DVD.

Wow, Elle, tell me what is so much better about the fullscreen? I know Julie was talking about something that you could see better in the Motel scene (more of Ennis holding Jack's wrist?), but in general I thought that widescreen was preferrable to full. Enlighten me!
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 10:23:37 pm »

Jenny, fullscreen is sposed to be "better" only cause you can generally see more of the screen. And its just good to get a bit more of an eyefull of the boys.  For example, after the first tent scene, in the fullscreen version, you can basically see Heath's bottom as he pulls his jeans up.. etc..

;D
Chut up!

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 04:48:36 pm »
Jenny, fullscreen is sposed to be "better" only cause you can generally see more of the screen. And its just good to get a bit more of an eyefull of the boys.  For example, after the first tent scene, in the fullscreen version, you can basically see Heath's bottom as he pulls his jeans up.. etc.. ;D

I'm a widescreen girl myself. You just need to have either a large screen T.V. or home theater .... that gives you plenty to see ...  ;)
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."