Author Topic: BROKIE & SAYIF (R.I.P. - 12th of June 08)  (Read 54771 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Naming that kitten.. -> mother and son are fine..
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2006, 05:21:17 am »
Thank you Chrissi! I like cats, but I like photography too.. So, I'm trying to combine both..  :laugh:

I wish I had taught them not to go on the bed, but when I first got the mother and the three small kittens they were sooooo happy to be able to sleep on something soft (after months in the wilderness), I just couldn't chase them away. Now it's impossible (..) to let them know, I don't want them on the bed.. At least they know they are not allowed anywhere near the kitchen's working area.. But they sneak up there, I know... 'cause I have seen foot prints..  :(

One more picture of Brokie yesterday evening..

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2006, 12:33:28 pm »
Thank you Chrissi! I like cats, but I like photography too.. So, I'm trying to combine both..  :laugh:
color=blue]j[/color]. U. d. E.[/b][/size] [/font]

Looks to me that you're doing a great job in both!

My Dad used to say put pepper down on the kitchen work surfaces to discourage the cats from going up there - they don't like it as it tickles their nose.  I don't know if it works as I've never had to try it with mine.
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2006, 08:12:04 pm »
Thank you nic! But I owe this a lot to these very photogenic cats. They do loads of stuff synchronized.. I could take pictures all the time (which I do..  ;D)

I'll try the trick with the pepper! Can't hurt. We'll see if it works!

A few new pictures and my very first YouTube video! It shows Sayif sleeping almost undisturbed.. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYlOyREBXGk

-> this is a semi-staged picture with SAYIF. I like the slight head tilt, just like our two heroes on the BBM poster..

-> a real brokie..

-> BROKIE and SAYIF

-> when I was leaving on my bike earlier today..

j. U. d. E.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 08:16:14 pm by j. U. d. E. »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2006, 04:34:36 am »

A few new pictures and my very first YouTube video! It shows Sayif sleeping almost undisturbed.. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYlOyREBXGk

-> this is a semi-staged picture with SAYIF. I like the slight head tilt, just like our two heroes on the BBM poster..

From this session the above one is my fav.
The vid is cute too  :) Poor little Sayif, disturbed in his beauty sleep  ;)
But knowing cats I think he has enogh sleep, beauty or otherwise. Enviable.

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
Re: Naming that kitten.. -> two months my own (first video)
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2006, 08:38:16 am »
I love cats when they are sleepy like in your video, they are so docile! In a way you don't want to pet them cos you don't want to disturb them but on the other hand they are too cute to resist.
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

mvansand76

« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2006, 04:49:51 pm »
Wat een schattige katjes!!! Oh, I was feeling a bit sad just now and all I needed to do was look at your beautiful pictures and video of your gorgeous cats and I felt much better!  :)

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2006, 05:33:05 pm »
Your cats are so beautiful, and they look like quite the personalities as well. I'm enjoying the pictures. Thank you for continuing to share them, and through them Brokie and Saiyif with us as well.  :)

The video of sleeping Saiyif is ....peaceful. Lovely. And very cute. I felt as if it was me stroking that little paw.

"Fuzz therapy", I always quote "Calvin and Hobbes" to myself when I pet my sleeping dog that same way, scratching his tummy, and snuffling into the soft fur around his ears. A content and trusting cat or dog is such a happy sight.

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2006, 08:27:19 pm »
Hello Jude -- I have just caught up on this thread and I am sorry that you had to go through so much.  But at least those kittens who did not make it were safe and warm and loved for as long as they were with you... much better than having been in the street!  I have had a number of pets die, including 3 in the last year, and so I know how rough it can be.  This little family was lucky to find you!
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2006, 12:41:07 pm »
Awwww Jude, how CUTE is Sayif??!!

Whilst we're in the mood for cute sleepy kittens, check out these two...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6slAigcSBs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrR-ive-vDk&mode=related&search=
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

squashcourt

« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2007, 09:49:56 pm »
Hi,

I had a cat for 18 years; she was named Chazy because she was found near the Chazy River in Moors, NY. Actuallly, she was found by my former landlady, Anne, who has a cottage, near Moors, NY. 
I was in Quebec City painting the inside house of a girlf (friend) of mine when Anne telephoned me telling me about the cat she found and asked me if I wanted to adopt it as it was one of my depressing state when a so-called lover dumped me for someone else.  No wonder I get sort of choosy these days.
To go back to the cat, I said No, Nil, no way, forget about it, I hate cats.  Anne said well try it and if it doesn't work we'll take it to the humane sociiety.  Well, I had her for 18 years.  A friend, she helped me through my convalescence when I busted my right hip playing squash. Shed passed away in 2001 from kidney failure.  I have her ashes at home.  No more though. 
Hey, this is supposed to be about BBM and not cats!!!

Pierre -  ;)