Author Topic: The assorted Christmas pics thread  (Read 60271 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
The assorted Christmas pics thread
« on: December 07, 2008, 08:09:59 am »
Hiya :D

Here's a thread for sharing whatever Christmas pics you come across and think they're worth sharing. They may be found on the internet, taken by yourself or whatever.
You can share funny pics, poingant ones, lovely Christmas cards, a photo of the lights on your tree, a picture of a not so successful/your most beloved present, of a beautiful decoration in a store, of your dog in snow at Christmas morning, of you as a kid under the tree - you get the picture.

Have fun and don't forget to comment on other's pictures! :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Re: The assorted Christmas pics thread
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 08:35:34 am »
I'll go first with some pics to get the thread started:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 08:46:54 am »
My Advent wreath this year

During Advent, all school classes, kindergarten groups, sports teams and so on have their Advent/Christmas festivities. Although I like tose acrivities in general, it does get tiresome when you have three kids and all of them are in school/kindergarten and practise sports. Anyway, last week the kindergarten my youngest attents did a little performance at the local Christmas market. The lil ones were all so cute.

See the packages at the front of the stage? Each of the kids got one after their performance.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 08:49:56 am »
This pic may not be so funny for our Aussies and all living in hot climates. But for me it IS funny. It's from the webpage of a travel agency, promoting to celebrate Christmas in Australia.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 11:09:46 am »
Wow, is she Santa's niece?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 11:21:58 am »

I love the colours!

It may be tiresome to go to all those performances now, but very soon your kids will be in high school and college, and they won't want you to attend their performances!! Then, you will miss them, believe me!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 11:43:14 am »
Oui!

More please...
au revoir,
hugs!  Here is a lovely gift to give to someone for Christmas or any other holidays or times, even to a child, since it can be easily grown by anyone, and maybe by one at the hospital too, even to men, no matter what age or difficulties !

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 11:54:38 am »
I agree, Artiste. Amaryllis is beautiful, easy to grow, and it cheers our hearts during the darkest part of the year. I try to grow at least one every holiday season. Thank you for the lovely pictures.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 12:02:49 am »

This pic may not be so funny for our Aussies and all living in hot climates. But for me it IS funny. It's from the webpage of a travel agency, promoting to celebrate Christmas in Australia.

The pic you posted does, indeed, depict an excellent and perfectly realistic representation of an Australian Christmas, Chrissi. Here's another:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 10:06:08 am »
but very soon your kids will be in high school and college, and they won't want you to attend their performances!! Then, you will miss them, believe me!

I do believe you. My oldest daughter, going on 13, already has reached the phase when parents are EMBARRASSING, when seen in public.  ::)
I'm happy my kids are some years apart in age. So I still have a lil one at home :D.

The pic you posted does, indeed, depict an excellent and perfectly realistic representation of an Australian Christmas, Chrissi. Here's another:

Thanks for adding another pic the thread Kerry :).
Beach and Christmas together - that's paradox to me. But of course I know it's all a matter of what you're used to.