Author Topic: The assorted Christmas pics thread  (Read 60276 times)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The assorted Christmas pics thread
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 10:54:04 am »
hey, is there a thread where addicts can come clean about their mania for Christmas ornaments??

lol
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008, 10:59:46 am »
hey, is there a thread where addicts can come clean about their mania for Christmas ornaments??

lol

I just PMed you. Go on an open a thread for ornaments! :D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 03:12:10 pm »
The moose at Goff Creek Ranch is ready for the holidays!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 04:58:49 pm »
I like it too!  I love it when people put their Christmas trees in front of a window.  it looks so beautiful from the outside.  Thanks Kelda!

Your tree is absolutely stunning, Kelda. I especially love the pics from outside, looking in. I felt like I was the little match girl  ;)  standing outside in the cold winter snow,  peering through the window into your lovely, warm, inviting home.  :D

Thankyou guys!  :)

Kelda, I love your dining chairs.  :)

And Clarissa - the chairs (& table) are from Ikea!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 05:15:54 pm »
Thankyou guys!  :)

And Clarissa - the chairs (& table) are from Ikea!

That's amazing, that's what I wondered.  IKEA is really universal.  I could go buy the same chairs here probably.  That would be a fun Brokie connection.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2008, 05:49:24 pm »

That's amazing, that's what I wondered.  IKEA is really universal.  I could go buy the same chairs here probably.  That would be a fun Brokie connection.

;D It would!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2008, 08:49:27 pm »
There's a big Ikea Superstore not far from me, here in Sydney. They have lots of lovely stuff, little and large, to tempt the dollars out of your wallet. Last time I was there, I found some really nice bookends.   :D

Tell me, do the Ikea stores overseas have the same layout as those in Oz? That is, you enter via one door and follow a meandering, on-way traffic flow that takes you through all the various departments, until you come to the cash registers near the exit door, where there's a strategically place coffee shop, to sit and unwind following your shopping expedition.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2008, 09:14:25 pm »
There's a big Ikea Superstore not far from me, here in Sydney. They have lots of lovely stuff, little and large, to tempt the dollars out of your wallet. Last time I was there, I found some really nice bookends.   :D

Tell me, do the Ikea stores overseas have the same layout as those in Oz? That is, you enter via one door and follow a meandering, on-way traffic flow that takes you through all the various departments, until you come to the cash registers near the exit door, where there's a strategically place coffee shop, to sit and unwind following your shopping expedition.

The closest IKEA to me is in Chicago, Kerry. They've been talking about building some here, but so far we only have a bunch of Wal-Marts and Meijers. Oh, and K-Mart and Target. :P

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2008, 09:38:03 pm »
There's a big Ikea Superstore not far from me, here in Sydney. They have lots of lovely stuff, little and large, to tempt the dollars out of your wallet. Last time I was there, I found some really nice bookends.   :D

Exactly. I find it kind of confusing and disorienting. I've gotten a few good buys there, and a few that didn't work out so well. But it's worth a gamble when they're that cheap. The coffee shop has good food, too!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2008, 09:56:43 pm »
The closest IKEA to me is in Chicago, Kerry. They've been talking about building some here, but so far we only have a bunch of Wal-Marts and Meijers. Oh, and K-Mart and Target. :P

We have K-Mart, Target and Big W, but not Wal-Mart and Meijers. At the more elite, top end of the market, we have David Jones and Myer. I hope you get an Ikea store in Indianapolis soon, David. Chicago is a loooong way to drive, even when you red-line it!  ;D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν