Author Topic: The assorted Christmas pics thread  (Read 60253 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: The assorted Christmas pics thread
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2008, 01:52:40 am »
Maybe not Christmassy, but it does depict snow AND it has an Australian theme - SHARKS!  :o  That doesn't happen often. Exciting!  ;D

(Thanks, Lynne)  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2008, 02:02:19 am »
Love the pics, John!  I was out today and took some pics on my cellphone, but I don't have a clue how to transfer them to the computer.  I knew you'd be taking some, too, though.  :)

Me too, John, gorgeous. 

Meryl, when I take photos with my cell phone, I then send them as messages (like text messages) to my email address.  That gets em in my computer, then I handle them the way I choose.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2008, 02:21:48 am »

Me too, John, gorgeous. 

Meryl, when I take photos with my cell phone, I then send them as messages (like text messages) to my email address.  That gets em in my computer, then I handle them the way I choose.

Sounds good, but I haven't a clue how to do that either!  :laugh:
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2008, 03:59:08 am »

Lovely picture, Kerry!

It reminds me of one of my all-time favorite Christmas gifts. I was going to mention it in the "Christmas poll," but it was harder to explain and no better than the one I did mention (a typewriter). But ...

... one year I got a pencil can, note-paper case and -- this part was the most exciting -- pencils covered in a floral print very much like the one in the background of your card. Not all that expensive, probably. But all these years later, it's right up there with my cherry-red Olivetti typewriter as among my most exciting Christmas gifts ever.

It sounds silly now, maybe. But for me, it's a reminder how much Christmas magic is about ... well, unexpectedness, for lack of a better word, but there must be more to it ... no, really it's just that: unexpectedness.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2008, 07:09:33 am »
Lovely picture, Kerry!

It reminds me of one of my all-time favorite Christmas gifts. I was going to mention it in the "Christmas poll," but it was harder to explain and no better than the one I did mention (a typewriter). But ...

... one year I got a pencil can, note-paper case and -- this part was the most exciting -- pencils covered in a floral print very much like the one in the background of your card. Not all that expensive, probably. But all these years later, it's right up there with my cherry-red Olivetti typewriter as among my most exciting Christmas gifts ever.

It sounds silly now, maybe. But for me, it's a reminder how much Christmas magic is about ... well, unexpectedness, for lack of a better word, but there must be more to it ... no, really it's just that: unexpectedness.

I'm very much empathizing with what you're saying there, Katherine. I was recently responding to an end-of-year poll, over at the Polling Place. One of the questions asked something about, What was your most exciting purchase in 2008? (I forget the exact wording). Most of the questions in the poll were quite straightforward and I had no trouble answering them, but this question had me stumped. There are a number of things I could have named, but what I chose was a set of colour pencils. :D

I really love those pencils. I spent a lot of time in an art supply store choosing them. I picked each one individually. It wasn't just a standard box of pencils. I chose some exotic colours like plum and tangerine and lilac, purple, lime green, azure blue and flesh tint. But the most important thing of all is the smell of them. The smell reminds me of my childhood. Guess I must have spent a lot of time colouring-in, when I was a child.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2008, 01:53:26 pm »
I really love those pencils. I spent a lot of time in an art supply store choosing them. I picked each one individually. It wasn't just a standard box of pencils. I chose some exotic colours like plum and tangerine and lilac, purple, lime green, azure blue and flesh tint. But the most important thing of all is the smell of them. The smell reminds me of my childhood. Guess I must have spent a lot of time colouring-in, when I was a child.  :D

Kerry, this makes me want to run to an art-supply store right now!  :D

For me, it was felt-tip markers. When I was a kid, I loved acquiring these fine-pointed felt tips -- the brand name was Flair -- in all sorts of magical colors, not just the standard red, blue, green and so on. Lavender! Lime green! A buttery yellow! Periwinkle!

Inspired by the movie The Yellow Submarine, I used to draw really elaborate pictures with my Flair pens.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2008, 01:49:55 am »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator