Our BetterMost Community > The Holiday Forum

Do You Have Your Christmas/Holiday Shopping Finished Yet?

<< < (6/6)

Jeff Wrangler:

--- Quote from: Front-Ranger on December 09, 2018, 11:08:19 pm ---Some good ideas here! The main problem person in my family is my son-in-law. I usually get him a big bottle of whiskey, but I can't keep doing that forever!

--- End quote ---

Instead of one big bottle, look around for some "gift pack" that might have small bottles of different "ages" (12 years, 16 years, etc.) of a particular brand of whiskey. Someone did that for me once.

Or get him a photo book about trains. All guys like trains.  ;D

CellarDweller:
:laugh:

CellarDweller:
My Christmas shopping is done, because we're doing abbreviated shopping due to CV-19.  We want to keep family out of the stores at this time of year, so we're only giving a few gifts.

I got Trenton a demolition set.  It's a building that you erect out of "cards".....meaning flat materials that look like the thick coasters you see at bars.  You the swing the crane with the wrecking ball on it, and knock it down.

Shana and Derek got cash, as that's what they need.  I also gave them something to unwrap.  Derek got two books about fishing (the three of them love to fish) and Shana enjoys coloring, so I got her two Bob's Burgers coloring books.

Mom and Dad are at the stage where they want to purge, so they want no gifts.  Chris and I decided we would give them stuff that they will use.  We got them some flatware for daily use (mom has good flatware for holidays, but her day to day stuff is all mismatched and looking worn) and we got them a bunch of kitchen utensils they need, and then they can throw out all the old, damaged, stained or melted stuff they have been using.

CellarDweller:
Well, it's Christmas Eve, I hope everyone got their shopping done!

;D

Mine was done about a week ago, and wrapped as of last night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version