Our BetterMost Community > The Holiday Forum

Do You Have Your Christmas/Holiday Shopping Finished Yet?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Kelda:
almost finished!!

Jeff Wrangler:
I thought I was done, until my dad, who insisted at Thanksgiving that he did not want a new pair of gloves, has now decided that he would like a new pair of gloves. ...   >:(  :-\ :laugh:

Mandy21:
I haven't started yet, basically because I absolutely despise shopping.  I should have been born a man cause shopping is one of those stereotypically female traits that I just never picked up on.  It just makes me very tense, especially at Christmas time, when there's added pressure to pick just the right gifts for everybody.  Historically, I'm a Christmas-Eve speed shopper, which generally involves the 24-hour Walgreen's store as it's the only place still open that night.   :o

Also this year, I'm a little sad, as it'll be the first one I'm spending as an orphan, and I'll miss picking out things for my mom, as she, like me, was so easy to please and we had the same tastes.  A box of new pens from Office Max, a new scent of candle for her burner, a package of colored writing tablets, etc., and she would just giggle with delight when opening them.  Plus she always just gave me money the last few years, and sent me out shopping for myself beforehand, for things I wouldn't typically let myself indulge in, so that always felt like a special, pampering shopping trip for me.  Then she would wrap them all, and put them in odd-sized boxes, so as I was unwrapping on Christmas morn, I would still be surprised by what was inside.  What a dear, sweet, loving woman she was. 

Thankfully, I do have a new family of friends to share Christmas and the New Year with in 2008, and that's Fiona, Nigel, James, Matthew, Emma, Snowy, Rebo, Annie, and two playing-hard-to-get cats, whose names I never had to learn cause they just went past me in a flash of fur on my last visit.  Once I finally do get started shopping, it will be fun to buy pressies for that family, as each of them is so unique and interesting.  I really do need to get a move-on, though, as my flight leaves for Florida next Thursday morning at oh-dark-thirty, and I've got to figure out if whatever I decide to get for all of them, will fit in my luggage, or if I'll have to post it UPS from here and hope it arrives on time.  Knowing me, I'll wait till next Wednesday night, and then fill up the suitcase with the presents, and only be able to squeeze in one change of clothes for my 21-day visit.   :laugh:

Having said all that, I'm sure this will be one of my bestest holidays ever.  Plus getting to meet 5 Brokies for the first time, which just puts the cherry on top of the cake.   ;D

optom3:
Oh no !!!
I have not even started.Not one thing bought. I am really going to have to get my act together.Mum is not speaking to me, so that is one less.My friend Esti is going to get walnut shortbread. Kids all want money, easy peasy.Husband and self are having an IOU present.When we have money again, we will have a day away just the 2 of us.

Brother and his family we have agreed due to economics to skip this year. Husbands family we stopped presents 2 years ago.
So it looks like I can do it all n a day.
Can't talk about the Mandy present as then she will not have a surprise !!!!

CellarDweller:
My shopping isn't done, but it's got a good dent in it already.

:)

Catalogs and online shopping are a wonderful thing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version